Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my 26th birthday. Every year that my birthday has fallen on a weekday, I've always been at school or work so this year was quite different. After finding a depressing amount of gray hairs on my head and one in my eyebrow, Sarah and I spent some time at the mall where I treated us to a huge cinnamon roll at some bread place but I don't remember the name. It was really good though. And I bought a new sweater (please see pictures below).

Later we went to my nephew Christian's football game. He plays for Maple Mountain High. I have this ability (I call it a gift, Justin thinks it's ridiculous) that I can watch a football play and still have no idea what, or if anything, happened. Many a time, a game will be on TV, Justin will leave the room and I'm still staring at the screen. He'll hear the crowd cheer, come back in, ask what happened and I honestly cannot recall anything unique about that play from anything else they've been doing on the screen for the past 3 hours.

But yesterday I was trying really hard to pay attention, especially when Christian was on the field. They'd scrimmage up (I found out later, talking to Justin, that that isn't a proper term but I don't know the real one so I'm still using it) so I knew something was about to happen then I'd get distracted by the smallest thing, anything, and then I'd snap out of it and there they were, standing around again.

But towards the end, it was close so I paid attention. They won. It was actually a pretty good game. Don't ask me what the final score was though.

Maple Mountain vs. North Sanpete. I thought NS looked like SHS.

Fanueli Christian Pouha, #61. This is after they pretty much sealed the win. I think I said, "I just want to hug him" like 10 times during the game.

Sarah looks like she's getting into the action but she is really just excited about the chain-link fence. So much like her mom already.....


My sister and I got a kick out of watching the players exit the field by crawling across the track. The only thing we can gather was that they couldn't walk on it in their cleats. This was easier than removing their shoes, I guess.

Sarah and I on my big day.

The Birthday Ballerina made her 10th appearance on my birthday cake. She's really like 30 years old but I didn't find her in the cupboard and stick her on my cake until 1999. I also try to sneak her on the birthday cakes of others, to often vocal objections. Notice her burnt arms in retaliation.

Mmm I hope there's still some cake left at my mom's. The 2 is in backwards. That's funny.

6 comments:

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

Happy Happy Birthday Diana! I was cracking up reading your post. I'm totally with you on the whole football thing. No need to pay attention unless one of the players are running for a touch down. Love the pictures!

Jake, Mel, and Girls said...

Happy Birthday Di! Love your sweater! Good birthday pick. And... is the birthday ballerina topless?? Scandalous. Awesome.

Jolene said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day!

The Reeds said...

Happy, happy Birthday!! :) I'm glad you found my blog cuz I kinda forgot that you had one. lol I was talking to Kenz the other day about all getting together sometime in December for a fun dinner or something. I'll be in town pretty much all of December. CALL ME!! :) Love you girl!

The Walker's said...

Happy Birthday Diana!!! Hope it was a great day!! I love your sweater! Very cute & flattering! I want to see you in that cute orangey colored top you bought today while we were shopping! Way cute! :)

Mandy said...

Hey Di! I love the ballerina! I'm impressed by your dedication to the tradition. Good Times! That sweater is darling! I feel for Justin and the explain football to your wife thing...I often throw out a football term and 50% of the time I use it correctly. :) I try.
Jon thinks the word you were looking for was huddle up not scrimmage up.