Total cost: $25 (ish) It helps to have a mom with 40 years of sewing/craft stuff.
Total time: 100+ hours (felt like it anyway)
I had a lot of fun making it. And I am addicted to hand embroidery. If you can draw it, you can embroider it. I hope the pictures capture the fine embroidered details. I learned that you only need the rough side of velcro. Felt has enough texture to hold to it just fine.
Here is the inside. Every page represents a month of the year, starting with January.
January and February
Get dressed to go outside. Build a snowman (all the snowman parts velcro to the page).
Hat, boots, gloves, coat, snowpants store in the pocket and then dress like a paperdoll.
March and April
May and June
Pick the flowers off the buttons. Build your own icecream cone.
July and August
Build a fire and a smore (smore stores in pocket). Animal finger puppets inside the barn.
September and October (My favorites)
Pick the apples off the tree and put in the basket (velcro under each apple). Make a scary pumpkin face (extra set to mix and match). "Boo" is Sarah's favorite word so I had to add it.
November and December
Tic tac toe with pumpkins and leaves. Decorate a Christmas tree (I lied; it's not done. I still need to cut out ornaments but I'm having a creative block).All the kids in church will want to sit with us.










3 comments:
That is really cute! That is a lot of work. I bet your glad to be (almost) done! I love that feeling.
So cute!!! I have always wanted to make a quiet book! You did a fantastic job. I am sure Sarah will love playing with it!
Oh man alive girl...that looks ADORABLE!! Can you make me one?!? :)
Post a Comment