Wednesday, February 3, 2010

No, I'm not a licensed hair-cutter.

I cut Sarah's hair today and instantly regretted it. I had been thinking about it for awhile and it needed to be done. (The back center was thinner and shorter from her bald spot.) I took off more than I had planned since cutting a 1-year-old's hair acurately is nearly impossible and it's going to take some getting used to. I miss her piggy tails. And it's taken months off her age. She looks 10 months again. But her hair grows fast so I know by the summer, she'll be all pig-tailed again. Of course, she had no idea even as I was cutting it nor has noticed a difference....other than being annoyed that I've touched her head like 100 times since.

Luckily she has a pretty face.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

She's still adorable! That first haircut is always hard. My boys always looked so grown up after their first haircut...it's like saying good-bye to them as a baby. I still can't bring myself to do anything to Allison's hair. The top is still short and thin, the back is long and curls at the end, but the sides are long and straight. And she won't let me put anything in her hair. Clint still wants to get her ears pierced so she'll look more girly.

Kirsta Silvey said...

I think it looks great. She's such a beautiful little thing. The first picture of her in purple is soooo cute. She has a smile that just warms your heart.

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

She looks adorable not matter what! I know exactly how you feel though. Aubriana looked like she was growing a mullet because the sides of her hair was thin and shorter, so I evened it out and felt the same exact way. I totally regretted it, but now I don't. Her hair is all catching up and getting long. No worries!

Kirsta Silvey said...

Also, Colin won't stop saying Diana now. He even calls his beloved DeAnna Diana instead.