Tuesday, April 27, 2010

18 Months Old

Sarah is 18 months old today. She's half-way to being 3 but I don't want to think about that.

She's 20 lbs 14 oz, 30.5 inches tall and a bundle of giggles.

She has a love/fear relationship with dogs. She's terrified of their bark and gets nervous when they're close but she is so enthralled when she hears one far away and always points them out on the TV or in books. Here she's pointing to where she hears one.

She's trying to give me a kiss.

She still loves to swing. Here she is on the exact swing, exactly 1 year earlier.

Sarah comes up with her own ideas of what to do and how she likes things. Lately she's been all about "bye" meaning "rock-a-bye". When I put her down for a nap, I wrap her up in this blanket, read her a book and rock with her. So now she likes to play "bye" which means "Help me into this chair, put my blanket on me and give me a book."

She's really getting attached to certain things. In addition to her blanket, she loves her doll. Everytime she picks her up, she has to pat her. She gives her food (real or imaginary), gives her kisses, and swings her by the hair. And she loves this golf ball. Justin has like a hundred in the garage and this is her favorite. She likes to throw it down the driveway and then chase after it. This is how she looks when she's ready to go for a ride. She's got her doll and her ball. If she drops one, we'll hear about it.

You'll notice her car seat is front-facing now. She's very excited about that, as you can see.

And my flowers make me happy so I thought I'd share.


6 comments:

The Walker's said...

Time for nursery! Yay for you guys! :)

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

haha! Cute post as always! 18 months is really a huge milestone, it means NURSERY!!! Yeah!!! Sarah is just adorable. I love when they are attached to things.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Sarah is so cute. Donovan really likes the ladies so I'm sure he'll have a blast with Sarah, Liberty, and Teagan. Since Will is going to be home we'll all have to get together. I've decided after watching that video, that if the boys called each other "besties with testes" I think my life would be complete:)

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I think a campout is a really fun idea! We could all go to "poop canyon" or somewhere more sanitary...we will be out there roughly from June 27-July 10, but we'll be in Arizona for a few days that last week. We still have a couple of months, but I think that would be a lot of fun!

Kirsta Silvey said...

Your flowers make me happy too. And so does Sarah's kiss/fish face. Awesome.

Katherine said...

I have a favorite golf ball too. Ok, not really, but that seems like a pretty great idea.

I like your flowers.