Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Developing Her Personality

A few things you might not know about Sarah...

-She loves Flo from the Progressive commercials. Sarah stops dead in her tracks whenever she's on.

- When she wants a bite of what I'm eating, she'll ask "bite?" then open her mouth really wide and close her eyes.

-She's deathly afraid of bubbles in the bath but begs to blow bubbles outside all day long.

- While watching Looney Tunes, she'll say "silly" whenever someone gets hit/electrocuted/exploded/etc.

- If her hair is in her eyes, she'll come find me, grab my hand and put it on her head and say "hair" because she wants me to brush it back for her.

Our Yard Sale Find of the Week:
Child's Rocking Chair $3

Sarah has barely let go of it since Saturday.

We also got Sarah a snowsuit for $1. Here's Sarah sporting the hat.

And then it was the doll's turn. I found it like this on the kitchen floor.

Speaking of this doll....(it doesn't have a name yet. Just "da" which is also her word for dad). I threw it in the washing machine last night so Sarah couldn't sleep with it like she usually does. She asked for it once while we were getting ready for bed but I told her no doll and she was fine with it.
Well this morning when I went in her room to get her, the first thing she asked for was "da". "Doll or Dad?" I asked. "Da" she replied. So we go downstairs for breakfast and she sees her doll on the counter where it had been drying all night and she yells "Da!" I give it to her, put her in her highchair and make her oatmeal. I look over at Sarah and she's hugging the doll tightly and taking short, fake cry-like breaths. It was quite the emotional reunion. She pats her, kisses her and continues the fake whimper until I put her oatmeal and Flinstone vitamin in front of her. Then she hands the precious doll to me so she can eat.
After breakfast she raided her diaper bag, pulled out the changing pad and got into diaper-changing position just for fun, I guess. This is the best shot I got of it since she runs for the camera once she sees it out.

And I'll just let these pictures speak for themselves.

4 comments:

Jolene said...

Cute! I love how attached she is to her doll! Tanner's the same way about cars. He likes to sleep with them!

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

This post... SO funny! Sarah is quite the character. The two fingers up her nose is classic! Aubri's toy she can't live a night without, her singing elephant. She saw a blue one in Target before I had our baby boy and insisted we get it for her baby brudder.

Kirsta Silvey said...

Bwaha! The fingers up the nose crack me up. Colin's a one finger at a time kind of guy. I wish Nate would go to garage sales with me. I love rummaging through junk. Also, I still have that baby stuff you let me borrow that I've been meaning to return to you for like 4 months. So, want to hang out?

The Walker's said...

Lol I love the bubbles thing...Malea used to be freaked out by them too but now she asks for a bubble bath almost every night. She is too cute Di, I just love reading updates about her!