Monday, July 19, 2010

A Little Lady and Her Gloves

This is a story of a little girl who wanted to wear peach socks with her pink plaid pants. Her mom would not let her since it was a hot day. And they were ugly socks--where they came from and why they are still here is anyone's guess.

So the girl carried her socks to the store in her hand. She dropped them way too many times so her mom decided to put them on her hands to keep them from falling once more.

The girl loved her sockgloves. She had to touch every box and package she could reach with them on.

She also had to try out a few actions to her favorite song.

She continued to wear them all the way home. And while the groceries were put away. And while she sat on the counter while her mom made her lunch.

She took them off for her nap but they went right back on when she woke up. And she wore them while she picked grapes off the vine.

Two days later, and there they are still. The peach sockgloves. Even stained with strawberry juice and dirty from playing outside, the little girl loves them still. There's even a newly made hole by a wiggly little finger. The little lady and her sockgloves shall never be parted in the foreseeable future. The End.

This picture brings me to the garage sale find of the week. This little doll stroller I got for $.50. I wanted to get her one for her birthday so I had my eye out. So did she. There was no way I could hide this until October. She tried pulling it onto her lap while in her carseat on the way home.

Sarah takes turns with her doll sitting in it.

They also take turns wearing these sunglasses I got for a dime. I figured if they survived the ride home, they were worth the money. It's been 2 days now and we're still going strong.

Justin thinks Sarah looks like his mom here. Nadine, what do you think?

Sarah gets really hyper after dinner and likes to run and jump on the couch. I don't know if you can tell but she is all sweaty.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Anytime my kids hear "Step In Time" from Mary Poppins they have to get socks on their hands and feet and dance crazy in the living room. Sarah would fit right in!

ricksdl said...

I love the sock gloves! It reminds me of something my girls would do. Sarah's hair is getting so long and pretty!