Friday, October 8, 2010

"Sarah loud? Daddy loud? Mom loud?"

This is Sarah's favorite game.  She picks a person from Column A and says that they are something or has something from Column B.  The possibilities are endless.  She can go on for hours and hours. And the game just keeps growing in length as she learns more people's names and new words.  In fact, when she learns a new word, she has to run it though everyone she knows.

Column A                                                        Column B
Sarah                                                                 Right back
Dad                                                                   Silly
Mom                                                                 Nice
Nana                                                                  Shirt
Papa                                                                  Loud
Maga (Grandma)                                                Messy
Baka   (Grandpa)                                               Stinky
Nate                                                                   Arm
Braden                                                               At work
Dallin                                                                  At school
Zack                                                                   B-bye
Tyler                                                                   Scary
Indy (Justin's aunt's dog that she met once)          Heavy
Dosie (Josie Blume)                                             Stuck

She's into fake sneezing because she likes it when I say bless you.  And she never misses saying "bessoo" when others sneeze.
I like this picture because she looks like a lion cub.  A lazy lion cub.
I don't remember which video she's saying what.  Since I do a lot for her, I don't feel guilty making her say things for my amusement.  My favorites right now are "noodle" and "little".  But I don't want to make her say it too much or she'll get better at it and then it will be boring.

And Meeoh is the wandering neighborhood cat.  She calls for it whenever we are in the backyard and will follow it anywhere.

And it's been almost a month since she's seen her Grandma Nadine (Nana) but she talks about her every day. So Nadine, one of these is for you.
And I love how she counts. We've taught her ready, set, go but I think I like 9, 6, 9 better.
Sarah's favorite toy for a few days was this old paint can.  She wanted to take it everywhere, even in the car.  I threw it away when she was asleep.

I cut Sarah's sandwich into "fingers" just like my mom used to.  I had to laugh at how Sarah nibbled at it.

Sarah really wanted to eat her breakfast while sitting in her rocking chair. This is the set-up she came up with. She ate all her oatmeal.

Watching the rain yesterday afternoon.
Well, I better get back to preparing my RS lesson. I've only taught primary so I'm not sure how to end a lesson without coloring and candy.....

3 comments:

Amy said...

Cute! I think every RS lesson should end with coloring and candy.

Nicole said...

Its so great that you document all the cute things she does. We tend to forget too easy. She is growing up so fast!

ricksdl said...

I love the paint can toy...does it get any better!