Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Here's a post.

I haven't updated the blog in awhile since, as you can see, we've been really busy.  No, she's not sleeping; she's watching the Prince of Egypt.  I've finally gotten Sarah to branch out in her movie watching and it's been weeks since we've watched Mary Poppins.  Yay! This week's movie du jour is the 1972 cinematic gem "Charlotte's Web" or "Piggy movie" as Sarah calls it.

Sarah's birthday was 21 days ago.  These are two of her birthday balloons as of this morning.  I had no idea getting balloons from Macey's was going to be such a long-term commitment.

What do we do other than watching Sarah's balloons die a slow death? Justin has been furiously busy with school.  One more month and he will have his bachelor's all done.  The respite will be short-lived as he starts the graduate program in January but I am proud of him and excited just the same.

I've been working on this awesome and time consuming project of a Christmas advent calendar.  I'll post pictures when it's done but let's just say for now Sarah can't leave it alone--it's that cool.  I'm pretty sure my children will fight over it when I die.

Sarah cracks us up all day, every day.  She says "sorry" and "thank you"  more times a day than I can count.  She is way more polite than I taught her to be.  Sharing is a completely different story. I blame her bad attitude on nursery.

Her Halloween candy is finally gone and I am so relieved.  Candy was the first thing on her mind in the morning and the last thing at night.  She wanted me to sing a song about candy the other night. I was at a loss. 

Here's a little conversation we had:

Sarah: Mom help?
Me: What do you want?
Sarah: Canny.
Me: You want candy? (I was making sure I understood her)
Sarah:   (shrugs shoulders) Sure.

Now that my battery and camera have been reunited, I may be taking more pictures now.  The battery sat in the charger for 3 weeks so we should be good to go. I am soooo excited for Thanksgiving.  I love food.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

good times! I am glad all is going well! Congrats to justin on all the hard work that goes along with graduating! Way to go! I can't wait to see your advent calendar thing! I love those. We have 4-6 at our house now. I LOVE them..jon HATES them. We see them at the store and he says NO before I even make eye contact with another one! Sarah sounds as cute as ever. Glad she is so polite!!! Let's get together sooner than later! I too love food thus I love thanksgiving as you do!

Meredith said...

Now when I pull up your blog, Allison puts her hand on the pictures of Sarah and says, "Mine! Mine!" I can't wait to see how she reacts next week when she sees her in person.

Congratulations to Justin! At the rate Clint is going he will graduate in 6 years. Yes, he is already a junior and it's still going to take six more years. Blech!

Can't wait to see the advent calendar. I've been looking for one to make.

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

Why is it that every time I read your blog I have a good giggle! You are one funny author. I remember when my Aubri was so polite that Tim and I were patting eachother on the back thinking we did something right... nah, it changes. LOL! We are constantly reminding Aubri to say "thank you" and "please" now.

Thats great about your hubby getting his bachelors! One step closer to an end in sight.

The Walker's said...

She is so cute Di....I remember around the time Malea turned 2 she went through a phase where she watched the movie "Cars" everyday, multiple times a day sometimes. Kids are so funny :) BTW, I have Sarah's birthday gift, I will text you this week to see if there is a good time to either get together or bring it by your house.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Kids love their repetition! Donovan loves to read the same 4 books every night. He'll switch up the order sometimes, but he likes the same ones over and over. He gets stuck on shows too. His new favorite is "Team Umizoomi" on Nick...that's all he ever wants to watch! It's getting really annoying. Sarah makes me smile, she is so stinking cute and little!! I also loved that conversation. They are way too smart for their own good. Make mommy think candy was her idea!

Jolene said...

So cute! I love how she turned it into you suggesting the candy! They are so tricky!! I keep thinking we need to have you guys over some time.