I always say 1-year-olds are so much fun. And they are. But 2-year-olds are funny.
| Another one of Sarah's outfits. |
Me: Sarah, you have a pretty face.
Sarah: Uh-huh.
Sarah in a bad mood:
Me: Sarah, you have a pretty face.
Sarah: (buries head in hands) No! No face!
I waited until Sarah was nearly 18 months for her to call me mom. 8 months later I am persuading her again. She figured out everyone else in the world calls me Di and she thinks she has come across a hilarious secret. "Di!" she yells in the morning from her crib.
I've been pretty good about correcting her but it is kind of funny. Sometimes I don't even notice and answer "what" without thinking. Last night I was in the living room, she was at the table in the kitchen eating cereal. She called me Di and I ignored her so she said "Mom" and once she had my attention, she said "Di" and laughed and laughed. This went on for awhile...I would ignore her until she said mom and then she'd say Di and giggle mischievously.
Randomly she says "Listen teacher" (Listen to your teacher) I must say this to her when I leave nursery.
We've been listening and singing Christmas songs the past couple of weeks. She already memorized Santa Claus is coming to Town, Jingle Bells, Must be Santa and Rudolph. This kid is a sponge. She can't say all the words but she tries. If I can ever get her to do it on camera, I'll post it.
| Decorating the tree. Sarah loved it so much, she took the ornaments off the next day to do it again. |
My baby can read. Well she likes to recite her favorite books along with me while we read. And she fakes it if she doesn't know the words. She has a second delay as she repeats what I'm saying right after I say it. It's pretty funny.
These are prints she made with the side of her hand.
No matter what story we've done since then, Sarah always interrupts and asks for "ouie". She loves to look at this picture and tell us all the things that the beaten man needs. Food, water, bed, shoes, pants. And the Good Samaritan is "nice" and a "helper". And she gets so upset when we tell her it's time to put the book away.
Oh and here's a parenting moment that backfired. Here I am teaching Sarah to do a loogey. Well, she had done it before to copy Justin but she hasn't stopped doing it since this day, a couple of weeks ago. But now she's added the spitting part. Justin couldn't be prouder.
2 comments:
We've been using nursery lessons for FHE, but I've been meaning to pull out the art kit and do the same thing you do. Colin calls me mom, but he knows my name is Kirsta. And sometimes he calls his dad Nate, usually when it's time for dinner. "Nate, come eat!" he'll holler from his seat at the table. If I leave to go check my email or something while Colin is eating a snack he'll call for me to come "take care of my children," and if I don't come right away he'll start yelling for Kirsta instead of for Mom, and then I know I'm in trouble.
Also, I forgot to write that Sarah's cough/sneeze/etc video is hilarious. I'm showing it to Colin when he wakes up.
Post a Comment