Saturday, August 13, 2011

20 Questions

As soon as Sarah heard the shower turn off, she was at my bathroom door.
Sarah: Are you all done in the bathroom?
Me: Almost, just drying off.
Sarah: Are you all done?
Me: Almost.
Sarah: Are you all done in the bathroom?
Me: I am just drying off.
Sarah: Are you all done?
Me: Sarah, I already answered you!
Sarah: You did?

Sarah asks non-stop questions all day long. Her favorite is "What are you doing?" It drives me the most crazy when I'm doing things she's seen me do a thousand times like putting dishes in the dishwasher or picking up around the house. No, I take that back, it drives me the most crazy when I'm driving.  "What are we doing?" I hear that anytime I stop at a stop sign or red light, slow down because someone is turning or waiting for cars to pass. At least she's learning the traffic rules.

It's a good thing she's cute.
 Speaking of cute.....here are some more.
 This is up American Fork Canyon last weekend.  I don't feel like camping with a newborn but I needed my campfire and smore fix so we went up for the evening.
 Sarah eating goldfish crackers sitting in her doll stroller while inside her cardboard house. Childhood is precious.
 Henry likes tummy time for about 5 seconds.
 I don't think I'll ever have a chubby baby like I've always dreamed.  But I love what I can get.
This pretty much captures how they play together.  Silliness meets tolerance.
It's getting super easy to get Henry to smile.  Just talk to him and his face lights up. It's a real self-esteem booster.

You know, I really believe God made babies cute so we'd want to take care of them.  And then He made their cries the most grating sound in the world so we actually would.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Tanner does the same thing with questions, especially when he is asking for a drink or food. If I don't respond he will keep going until I say something. Drive the patience right out of me!

The Walker's said...

Malea is in that same phase, except her favorite question is "Why?"....I try really hard to be patient but it gets exhausting sometimes! lol Henry is getting so big, what a cutie. And I loved that last comment, its so true!