Quick question: Has anyone had a baby that was an awesome sleeper but then reverted to newborn-like habits of waking up to eat every 3 hours? Henry has been killing me for the last 10 days. Advice anyone?
Now to back up a couple of weeks. Sarah wanted to watch a scary show. Funny thing is, she doesn't really know what that means and I'm not sure where she picked up that idea. So I put in Phantom of the Opera because it's kind of scary (or at least dark) and she loves music and dancing. I just skipped to the musical numbers. It held her attention longer than it has ever held Justin's.
Father and son chat. Henry talks almost as much as Sarah and that's a lot. And as a sidenote, Henry has Syme ears! They are as big as Sarah's.
This picture doesn't do it justice but Henry is quite the thumb-sucker. Usually when he's sleepy or bored he'll suck away at his hands. It's super cute but when I pull out the camera, out goes his thumb.
Last Saturday was my birthday. Justin got me a dozen cinnamon rolls (which I ate all day long) and these flowers which are still beautiful on my kitchen table. Is 28 old? I haven't decided.
He also got me a waffle cone maker. Did you know these existed? You can make your own waffle cones. At home. Any time you want. We've been having fun molding them into different shapes. This is my double-decker creation.
Cute baby with binky in his mouth.
Cute baby that just spit out his binky.
Either my baby has a big head or Carter's doesn't know how to make hats.
I promise Sarah's hair does get done and her face gets cleaned, just not when I'm taking pictures apparently.
Me: Sarah, we're going outside. Do you want your shoes on?
Sarah: No, just toes.
She loves to have conversations. "Mom, come in here and talk to me about your birthday." She also likes to review her day with me. "Remember when (something something)
3 comments:
So NO 28 should not feel old...that will be me in a couple months - please tell me it doesn't feel old. :) Also - what kind of waffle cone maker did you get? That is the coolest thing in the world. I want one! :) If Ross ever woke up in the middle of the night - not crying - after like 3 months, I always tried to lure him back to sleep...well I made Steve do that. Hope it doesn't last long for you!
Can't help you on the sleep advice. Tanner woke up every three hours until he was 9 months. I would just let him cry it out because he is probably just getting in a bad habit of waking up and you know he is capable of sleeping through the night. That's what advice I would give myself for my next child. (hopeful thinking) My mom got us a waffle cone maker for Wade's b-day! It makes the yummiest waffle cones ever! Happy belated bday, by the way. And you are not old because that's my age & I'm not old!! I also glad you enjoyed your cinnamon rolls!
Growth spurt perhaps? I just let my kids eat when they woke up asking for it because I figured there wasn't anything wrong with feeding a hungry baby. And I'm going to go with 28 is old. I'll be there shortly too. And 27 already feels old to me. Especially when I start grumping at the neighbor kids to "pipe down" and "stay off my grass" and whatnot.
Post a Comment