Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I will Text Twist it up in a minute.

Play Text Twist or update the blog?  Update the blog then play Text Twist. Oh yeah, Tuesday night at the Dye house.
Let's start things out right.  Here's some up-close and personal Henry face.
The messier, the cuter.

A week before Christmas, we went to SLC to see the Christmas lights at the Gateway and to see the Jazz's open practice.  Sarah loved it all. I like that she gets excited when we tell her what we're going to do even though she really doesn't have an idea.  We ate at In 'n Out on our way up so that made the night even more magical.

Lights at Gateway.  There was a picture of Sarah looking at the camera but I look better in this one.

Henry was up way past his bedtime but he did great.  I think it helped to be a place with so many distractions. 
 I made Sarah a booster seat out of our pile of coats.  This made her hair constantly staticky.
My 2 basketball nuts.
Love love love this girl. Christmas is all magic to her.
Sarah usually comes right into my room when she wakes up.  One morning I heard her in the bathroom for like 30 minutes before she came in.  She was doing her hair.
I  need to blow up this picture really big and put it in my house so next time my kids are both crying, whining, clinging and making messes, I can remind myself that they can be calm, quiet and beautiful.
I took mostly video Christmas morning and I don't feel like undertaking the endeavor of editing and posting those so I'll just post pictures.  Sarah was so funny.  She got her Starbursts in her stocking and was satisfied.  We had to prod her along to get all her presents open.  It took forever because she wanted to stop and play with each present. But towards the end we had to watch her because twice she grabbed a present and opened it and it wasn't hers.
Henry liked his dump truck and his Junior Ranger shirt.  He's looking at Justin, Senior Ranger.
We got to Skype (is that a verb?) with Dallin in Brazil.  It was nice to see his smiling face and for him to see all of us.
Sarah got this fishing game.  It says 4 and up but I find it a challenge.  I get so dizzy.  I end up cheating like Sarah does by holding the fishing pole way down near the fish.
Check out this bedhead. 
Check out this pretty face.
Not pictured: 1. The return of the fishing pole game at my mom's house on Christmas Eve.  Still a hit. 2. Henry not taking a nap all day Christmas Eve thus I didn't get around to making rolls and I thought my family was going to disown me. 3. Sarah dancing to Andy Williams' "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" 37 times. 4. Justin finishing his second-to-last semester. 5. The Syme family conducting a very scientific taste-test of hot chocolate and I determined Stephens and Auguson Farm brands are most delicious. Swiss Miss is weak sauce.

2 comments:

Kirsta Silvey said...

I love Text Twist. When I worked at PDC I had a high score of like 2 million or more. It was a few years ago, so I'm not sure the precise number. Also, I like the Land o' Lakes hot chocolate from Sam's Club. Also, I seem to remember Justin making a face just like that second picture of Henry a lot in high school. Also, Sarah is too pretty for words, especially with all those headbands.

Mandy said...

Haha. I toatally always pick the pictures I look better in too. Glad to hear someone else admit it!

And everyday since Sunday I have thought...post Xmas or look on pinterest...post Xmas or play angry birds...I still have not posted Christmas...maybe tonight?!

Love sarah's hair! Love henry's smile! What cute kids you have!