He can now sit up like a champ.
I don't leave him alone for too long. He's known to spontaneously tip. But he gets bored with what he's playing with long before that happens, usually.
But as impressing as balance is, my favorite skill is this.
Is there anything more delightful than a baby feeding himself?
For every one in his mouth, two Cheerios end up on his lap.
I had to eat my words at the doctor's office last week. I always complain to anyone who holds still long enough that Henry tires out my arms. Arms, shoulders, back, hip, elbow, wrists. He likes to be held. "He's so heavy!" I always declare. Well at the doctor's office, I discovered he weighs 13 lbs 14 oz. That puts him in the 1st percentile, says Dr. Tipton. 1%! I walked out of there wondering what you all do with your average or above average sized babies. Do your arms fall off? I've kept a little quieter about my aching arms since then.
He may be in the first percentile for size, but he's in the 100th percentile for cute!
4 comments:
He is so adorable! I love his big, beautiful eyes.
Nathan was 11 1/2 pounds at 5 weeks. He probably weighs close to the same as Henry about now (he's 9 weeks today). So stop complaining! :-)
Ha. Gray was 13 lbs at 2 months. So I'll tell you what people with chubby babies do—they get tired. Gray also loves to be held. You'd think my arms would be ripped by now, but alas, they still belong in Relief Society. I love that picture of Henry sitting by himself. He's super handsome, and he still looks like a little redhead.
Ha! I hear ya! I thought the other day...oh, my poor arm is so tired...Reese is at 6months a whole 14 lbs. 20%...I no longer complain either. Henry sure is getting cute! Love the picture of him in his hat!
He's so cute Diana! Is he a red head? I don't really get the average thing myself. I think they are based off of chubby kids. But 100th percentile for cute is very accurate! His smile is too adorable.
p.s. my little Timmy wanted me to hold him at this age all the time too! It must be a boy thing because he is a total mamas boy thru and thru.
Post a Comment