Tuesday, October 9, 2012

While your were out, dear hubs.

"You need to update the blog so I can see my kids when they're cute," says Justin. I guess he doesn't exactly see them at their best when he comes home from work during the breakdown hour (aka the hour before bedtime when we are all at our breaking point).  So here's what you missed while you were at work.

I love taking pictures of Sarah while she watches a show. I get the best expressions.
 I think she was watching Lion King.
 Or maybe Lady and the Tramp.
 "Why do you always call me your baby girl? I'm not a baby"  Someday she'll understand.
 Henry is watching for you to come home from work.
 Still watching.
 There you are!
One afternoon after Henry's nap, he was so ornery. Why do kids do that?  They are just mad and fussy as if they never had a nap and are cranky until bedtime.  Well this was that day and Henry would only stop crying and be content if this little hippo was singing and dancing.
Remember how you and I like to leave it playing for each other and run.  Like from across the room while you were watching some important football game on TV. Or stick it in the bathroom while I was in the shower.  It really just brings the holiday spirit all year long.

  
How 'bout the weather in September? I love when we can actually play outside without dying of the heat.
See this? Our kids can be cute while awake and in each other's presence.
They love each other. I wonder how long it will last.
I think only boys see an open dishwasher as yet another surface for playing cars.
You may not know this about me, dear, but I make the best couch cushion forts.  My mom was pretty patient with me since I would put it all back but I'm sure it got old.  So I decided to show off for our children.  They thought this was pretty cool and it was.
This was a couple of weeks ago and Sarah still asks when I'm going to vacuum under the cushions again. Not for awhile, if I'm being perfectly honest.
Rare moment when you and I are the only two people in the car. We are driving to Manti for our friend Dave's wedding.
Perhaps our readers know Dave. This is married Dave with new wife Jill.  Looking good, Mr. and Mrs. Walker.
Hey readers, this is Dave's Nana and Pops.  Pops was our sealer too because he's one of the best people we know and Justin and I fell in love whilst at their house in Ferron during a boating trip 7 years ago. Okay, maybe we weren't in love at that point but Ferron is a magical place.
 The boys.  Some of them anyway.
 You don't want to know what's going on back there.
 Henry really loved those hanging lantern ball things.
 
 Now you and Sarah have to dance at her wedding so I can compare/contrast the two photos.
Did I mention how much we love Nana and Pops? I've been grandparentless for 10 years so I've adopted them as my own.  I don't know if they know that.
What's great about them is that a year can go by without seeing them and they remember everything we told them about our lives the last time we visited.
And they're funny.
They are fountains of wisdom. Have you ever talked with someone and thought, I want to know everything you know?
 They ask questions and they listen.
There was another picture where I looked better but Nana's eyes were closed. I made a sacrifice here.
 I love this boy.
He loves cars.
 He just learned he loves Nutella.
So there you have it babe, your life in blog form. And let's not forget to finish Fletch tonight.  (Justin and I are watching movies from our childhood that we think we didn't get at the time and want to watch through adult eyes.) Although I have to admit, I think I've figured it out but I won't spoil it for you.

4 comments:

Lynzy and Keith said...

Nana just called me say that she can't figure out how to comment on your blog, but she wants me to tell you this:

"That Diana is the sweetest little minute I have ever met, and I am privileged to be her Nana. She didn't have to say those nice things, but I'm sure glad she took the time to make this old lady smile. and cry."

Lynzy and Keith said...

PS- your kids are SO cute and hilarious!

Steve and Stace said...

So sad I missed Dave's wedding - it looked fun. Ross also utilizes our dishwasher for his car and tractor usage - he has a complete obsession with them. I think he and Henry would be great friends. :)

Mandy said...

So true...Dads do too often get home in that dreadful hour. I always feel bad. "She really was cute today," I have to tell him (and myself...) so we can survive for another hour and a half until bed time.

Love your fort! You are truly talented!

Yay for Dave! I hope they are SO sickly happy together!