He feeds himself all the time now. This I actually like. Here he is eating goldfish crackers out of a bowl with a spoon.
Today his cousin came over for awhile. Henry is twice his age but only like 2 pounds heavier. It's a small consolation that Henry is little.
When Henry wasn't trying to shove his cousin's bottle into his cousin's mouth, he was trying to shove it into his own mouth. To get him to leave it alone, I pulled out the only bottle I have: Sarah's bottle that she also never used.
He did not get how to use it and was getting frustrated. (I tried a few times to get Henry to take a bottle as a baby but he never did.)
Here I am teaching my 20-month-old how to use a bottle. It was a good baby moment.
He's starting to put sentences together. Okay, so all of these sentences being with "No" but still, it throws me. "No mush." "No bath." "No milk." It won't be long before he's saying "No, Mom, I don't need your help. I can do everything all by myself and I don't need you anymore. Can I borrow the car?" Sniff.
He doesn't like lullabies anymore. Everything we sing has to have actions or animal sounds. He'd rather read a book about cars. He can spot a football a mile away. "You're a little boy," I whine. "Where's my baby?"
Don't get me wrong, he's hardly mature. He whines and gets super clingy like he was born yesterday. But why is that the last baby trait to leave? Why can't snuggling right up to my neck be the thing that he holds onto until he's 3?
I'm not baby hungry. Don't be all "well have another baby". I think another kid will just divert my attention and Henry will seem to grow even faster. I want my baby Henry back. He was the sweetest thing.
I just need to remind myself how much more sleep I get now and that I can leave him for more than an hour without panicking. Every age is good.
2 comments:
Yes remember how nice it is to sleep! :) henry is so cute! I agree he should stay little. Ross won't listen to my pleas either. :)
He's such a cute little guy! Isn't it funny how the days seem to drag, but the weeks fly by?
Post a Comment