This is 10. (So many things to love about this picture. The TV, the couch, my shirt...)
This is 20. (Those "candles" are matches.)
This is 30.
My "30 for 30"
1. I'm eating a Twix.2. I have never seen an original Star Wars movie, just the one with Jar-Jar so I'm good.
3. I've never been skiing.
4. My favorite color is turquoise and has been since kindergarten.
5. I love making and eating desserts, especially cake but I get most excited twice a year when I make cinnamon rolls.
6. My favorite show right now is Rick Steve's Europe on PBS. Justin makes fun of me for waiting up til 10 to watch it.
7. I make fun of Justin for liking Pat Benatar and "A Walk to Remember"
8. I get a kick out seeing my kids like what I like but I fear they'll grow up just like me.
9. I feel guilty every day for something I did or didn't do. Mom guilt.
10. I once left Ream's with my friend and her mom and opened the door to the wrong car and started to get in.
11. I hated high school dances (well the ones you had to ask/be asked). I was an awkward date.
12. I never want to live in California. I want to live in Texas.
13. My favorite movie is "Return to Me" and my favorite book is "To Kill a Mockingbird."
14. I used to watch "Cinderella" when I was home sick from school. I play it for Sarah when she's not feeling well.
15. I really want an Acura TL but I'm going to wait until my kids can travel without creating a pig-sty.
16. I've lost count of how many nieces and nephews I have. 30, maybe?? But I know all their birthdays.
17. I've never been good at memorizing song lyrics or movie lines but I can recognize just about any celebrity voice.
18. My favorite night-game is steal the flag. Favorite card game is Hand and Foot. Favorite party game is Balderdash or Cranium. Favorite board game is Life.
19. I think my husband has the best personality. And he's good looking so win-win. (He could tone down his obsession with football and hunting a little and I wouldn't mind.)
20. I think my kids have the best personalities and they're the cutest things ever so you'd think I want a dozen but you'd be wrong.
21. My middle name is Ellen. It's my great-grandma's middle name too.
22. I am stressed out knowing I have to name a third child. I don't like to think about it.
23. I don't know why people think Jay Leno or Charlie Sheen are funny.
24. I've been to 26 states but Hawaii is not one of them.
25. I've been to Canada (twice), Mexico, Honduras, Belize, and Grand Cayman and I really want to go to England, Spain, and Rome. And Vienna.
26. I write my grocery list in order of the store layout.
27. I hate getting dressed but I wouldn't mind going back to a time when men wore hats and ties everyday and women wore skirts. We just aren't a classy people anymore.
28. I love books but I'm a super picky reader. I've quit several books part-way in.
29. I have never owned a walk-man, disc-man or MP3 player.
30. I do not like pickles, peas, nuts, or most kinds of fish.
My question for all of you that have been in your thirties for longer than I, what are they all about? My twenties were about college, graduating college, getting married, buying a house, having a baby or two. You know, all those big "firsts". What are your thirties about?




2 comments:
LOVE your 30 post. :) Hand and Foot is my favorite too. We should get together when we move back to Utah and play - I'm always looking for someone to play with us. :) I also write out my grocery list in the store layout format - especially if I send Steve (which he doesn't follow anyway and ends up going up and down the aisles, calling my multiple times, and taking twice as long). ;) 30 has got to be great! You need to let me know before it hits me...it's coming too fast!
That was so fun reading all those things about you! We've been friends since 6th grade but there were a lot of things I didn't know about you!!! I hope you had a great birthday! And I have NO idea what the thirties are all about, I'm not excited to turn 30! haha!
Post a Comment