Sunday, November 3, 2013

This is Halloween

Well this first picture is the day before. I love having a little boy. Who else would put monster trucks in my ice dispenser?
I also love having a little girl but she is a tornado. I told her to clean up this mess she made while I was sewing. Can you see her cleaning?
That's because she laid down and went to sleep to avoid cleaning. Little pill.
We started Halloween morning off by driving to Mapleton Elementary to see my nephew in the costume parade. I sang "This is Halloween" all the way there. My kids don't know the song and frankly, I only know that line but I sang it because it's the only Halloween song I know.

Here are my kiddos avoiding getting into the car.  "To infinity, and beyond!" yells Henry.
My super hero also picked me a bouquet of leaves. He loves his mama. And Mapleton Elementary smells the same as it did 20 years ago, just in case you were wondering.
After lunch, Sarah painted her pumpkin.
Henry threw his around the kitchen then climbed on her chair to see what she was up to then he took a nap.
After some skilled negotiation (I swear I could sweet talk a man off a ledge using the skills I have developed as a mom) I got my kids into their costumes. Henry was a piece of cake after he got his shorts on over his pants. Sarah boo-hooed about everything not being right.  Fortunately by the time we got outside, armed with their candy buckets, she forgot about how her skirt was too puffy, and her tights were too tight, and her hat wouldn't stay on when she ran, and her hair wasn't in two braids and on and on. Waa waa waa.
 Henry didn't get what we were doing at first but he caught on fast.  
We hit up nearly every house in our neighborhood. When the kids couldn't carry their own buckets because they were too heavy, we called it a night.
The kids watched Charlie Brown when we got home and ate a ridiculous amount of candy.You'd think those purple tights would be the first thing to come off considering she was near tears putting them on, but no, that would make sense.
Halloween done. It's not my favorite holiday so I'm kind of relieved. All four decorations I put up were put away the next morning.

1 comment:

Jaana Syme said...

Lol, "All four" Love it!