Wednesday, April 2, 2014

We saw the zoo.

Last Friday we went to the zoo. I wanted to go before spring break so it wouldn't be too busy. Well it was spring break somewhere because there were tons of school-age kids everywhere. We got there at lunch time so we stopped to eat our lunch at the first table we saw.
If you're going to ruin photos by making that face, I'm making them public.
And then onto the animals. I was super disappointed the river otters weren't there and Sarah was bummed that the polar bear was nowhere to be seen. Plus 1/3 of the park is still under construction so no lions for Henry.  Next time kids, next time.


Sarah loves the elephants, even the big fake one. I didn't want to wait in line to get her picture taken by the trunk so we went around the other side.


The weather was calm and mostly sunny but it was still chilly.

Justin may be the best-looking Jazz fan.

Henry got most excited to see the bubbly water near the elephants.
 Sarah took this awesome picture of the rhinoceros (No spell check needed, thank you.)

 Watching for the sea lions.
The grizzly bears are back there somewhere. I know this sounds mean, but I wish the enclosures were a little smaller.
Sarah is chewing a Mamba. She ate 5 in 5 minutes. In her defense, she had never had them before and they are super good.
This tiger is by far the most entertaining animal at the zoo. Richard Parker paces around looking for a way to escape and then jumps in the water right next to the glass and paces some more.

 He will eat you given the chance.
 I really wanted to hear him chuff (not growl or roar as I learned from "We Bought a Zoo.")
 Off to pace and plan his escape some more.
 Erica slept through the Richard Parker excitement.
She woke up for the stinky house (small creature building). Henry liked this "rabbit." I don't remember what it really is.
 
That's the last picture I took so I guess after this we went home. We drove past Justin's current office on 1300 South since we had never seen it and then past his new office off Redwood Rd in Saratoga Springs since we hadn't seen that building either. One more month!

2 comments:

Rach said...

Fun!! I am happy to know that the construction isn't done yet. Their website just says spring of 2014. We want to go again, but not until the rest of the zoo is done. :)

Still love the zoo though!!!

Meredith said...

The tiger's name is Richard Parker? What the what?!