The day we've all been waiting for! I didn't cry like I thought I would but I did get a little choked up when she came upstairs in her school clothes. She has been counting down the days for months and counting down the months for years. She's all about structure and learning so she's very much in her element now. I just don't like giving up any sort of control over her environment. But then I remember it's just kindergarten and I looooved school and she will too. Enough about me, here's Sarah.
She knew just what she wanted to wear and how she wanted her hair.
We bought her backpack a few months ago and she's used it for camping and pretending so she was super excited to finally use it for school.
She stubbed her toe on the door walking into the building. Welcome to school. The nail got torn off part way and bled a whole bunch so we had to go to the bathroom to clean it up then back track to the office to get a band aid then back to the bathroom to rinse the blood off her sandal.
Hanging up her backpack (can you tell she's my first? By the time Erica goes to school I'll be waving from the car.)
Then she found her seat. She had lost interest in me at this point. She did change her mind though and want me to pick her up instead of riding the bus home. Victory! She does care about me!
After I picked her up from school (which was crazy. I don't ever want to do it again) we went to Daylight Donuts with Nadine. She said her favorite part of the day was coloring a cupcake in the lines and putting it on the birthday board.
1 comment:
She is so cute! Sorry about her toe. We took Allison out for lunch before school today and she slammed her thumb in the car door. Rotten timing.
Post a Comment