Sunday, September 14, 2014

My baby and my birthday

We are 3 for 3 for babies that love to chew on chicken bones. 
 Erica is now 7 months.
She makes this stinkface and I think it's hilarious. She makes this huffy breathing sound to go with it.
It was my birthday. This is my cake. If it looks exceptionally tall it's because there's a hidden layer of brownie on the bottom. Toffee bits and cream cheese frosting. You heard me.
 This was my birthday breakfast. And lunch. And dessert. (From Shirley's bakery).
This was the game I made Justin play with me while we waited for Sarah to get out of school. He let me almost beat him. (Casino Yahtzee, garage sale find.)
After school we went to McBride's Briar Patch in Mapleton.  Erica hung out on the grass while we picked pails of raspberries.
Sarah was scared of the prickly bushes at first but she figured out how to do it without getting poked. She had the most fun out of all of us and asks to go back all the time.
 My shadow and my baby.
Henry also had fun but because he loves raspberries. I think more went into his mouth than into his bucket. Farmer McBride didn't mind.
Erica got her first taste of raspberry. She was not a fan.
My kids won't look at the camera even for my birthday.
 The goods.
 Henry wouldn't leave the swing to join the picture.
Then Justin and I went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. Notice how all my birthday events involve food? Not a coincidence.

As we were getting ready for bed that night,
Me: What do you think will happen to me this year?
Justin: Happen to you? Like, you're going to slip on the ice?

I was thinking more along the lines of what's in store for me this year. It seems like I've had a major life event every year since I was 18 but I can't think of any babies, graduations, moves, etc that are happening in the next 12 months. Something interesting has to happen. I guess we'll see.

And stay tuned for my next installment. The Adventures of Henry and His Blanket. This kid has the best imagination.

No comments: