Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmases Past

My most favorite thing about Christmas is the holiday food. There are so many things that only get made and eaten in December. First on my list was divinity.  Since my mom is in Philadelphia, I had to make it myself.
I made the mistake of using some random recipe I found online and it didn't have very good directions. I did not mix it enough. Lest you think I only paint a rosy picture of my life, here is my culinary fail.  Well Henry thought it was delicious. I let the kids eat spoonfuls until they were sick then threw it out.
 I tried it again the next day using my mom's recipe and success! So many life lessons learned. Listen to your mother. When in doubt, go right to the source, etc.

I also love decorating the tree. I think I have always loved it. It was a magical time as a kid and my own kids get really excited about it. They are at the age where they fight about who gets to put the star on top. Henry got the honors this year.
 My tree is taking a beating this year but it has very little to do with this little one. She just pulls the bottom ornaments off. Henry, on the other hand, as thrown ornaments off in a fit of rage, whipped the tree with his blanket and thrown ornaments at his sister. Sheesh. This picture reminded me of another picture.
 Here's Sarah in 2009 giving Pooh kisses. Yes siblings, I have the only 2 surviving Winnie the Pooh ornaments. I also have the gigantic Pooh poster and the the little Alpine village.
Most of my pictures of Erica look like this these days. She uses her crawling powers to investigate the camera. 
 Love me some chubby baby legs.
Sarah did a presentation in her kindergarten class about holiday traditions. She talked about her Christmas ornament, going to see the lights and ebelskivers or eveeskeevees as she called them.
 I like Sarah's smile in this picture.....
 Erica whacking Henry in this picture.....
 And Erica's expression in this picture.
Love me a glowing tree and cute kids.
And then I did a very bad thing and started to look for pictures of my kids in front of the tree during the years.
 2008
2009
2010


2011


2012



2013

Sarah and Henry still wear those clothes so that made me feel better. But man, kids grow too fast.

Speaking of which, Erica is already 10 months old.  
 She's still the sweetest thing but is developing a bit of an attitude. I think once babies learn to crawl,  they're sense of entitlement develops too.
Sarah and Henry always wrestle with Justin. Pretty much every day. They ask me to join in but I tell them mom only gives hugs.
 Erica isn't quite sure what to think. I give her a few months then she'll be joining right in.
 They wrestle until someone gets hurt. What else would stop them?
It's a good way to burn off all that extra energy before bed.
And that's pretty much our life upstairs. Next time I'll share what we've been doing in the basement.

No comments: