Thursday, September 10, 2015

A Decade of Love: My Birthday, Then and Now

September 10, 2005, my 22nd birthday. Justin took me on a little boat ride up to Jordanelle. We floated around the lake, listening to music and eating food. Justin surprised me with Rob Thomas' new CD and tickets to his concert. Then we drove back to Provo to eat dinner at Ottavio's. Remember Ottavio's? I'm still sad they closed.

My awesome roommate Megan made me this awesome Oreo cake. I must have been obsessed with Oreos then. Sometimes I do that.
 Oh man, so young.
 My roommates Shannon and Megan.
Fast forward to 2015. I picked up this little beauty at a bakery in Provo. I love me a good cinnamon roll. My birthday plans pretty much only involve what food I want to eat that day.
Maybe it wasn't so little.
Then while Erica took a nap, I played no less than six games of Guess Who with this great kid. He loves this game and I love playing it with him. He has memorized nearly half of the people's names since he can't read.
Justin and I took the kids to Nadine and then went to dinner at the Bombay House (please don't close, we have the worst luck with our favorite restaurants closing). We decided to order 3 entrees between the two of us because we want to try new dishes but can't not order our favorites. The couple next to us ordered one entree to split between the two of them. Pfff. Amateurs. In our defense, we didn't eat it all right then. Our conversation consisted of yummy noises and comments of how delicious our food was.

My mom made my favorite homemade cake, German chocolate. Gosh it's so good. I could drink the frosting.
 Look who I'm surrounded by now to blow out my candles. Pretty awesome.

3 comments:

Megan Goodrich said...

You're so beautiful, Diana. I miss you! And I'm jealous you went to Bombay House...our favorite as well! Yum!

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday! And I may have said this before, but German Chocolate is my favorite too! I have it every year for my birthday. But I make my mom double the frosting... It's so good.

Jolene said...

Love your posts and happy late birthday! I'm glad Wade and I aren't the only ones that order a lot of food. ;) We love the Bombay House too and what better way to celebrate your day with your cute family and delicious food!