Sarah's birthday lasted a full week! The Sunday before her birthday we celebrated with Justin's family since Corey was flying out of town the next day. We made a tower of pink frosted sugar cookies and she got some great gifts from Nadine including some rainboots she's wanted for months. I didn't take my camera so you'll have to use your imagination.
I don't know of anyone who loves birthdays more than Sarah. She even loves your birthday. So you can imagine that her own birthday is the biggest.deal.ever.
We started the morning off with some homemade waffles as requested and a few gifts. I let her open things that she could wear to school, if she so chose. Some new clothes....A watch....
New boots...and a scarf.
While she was at school I made her cake. I filled the middle with strawberry jam.
I think it turned out pretty good. If I did it again, I'd make it taller and do the flowers in a contrasting color to make them stand out more.
When Sarah got home she finished decorating the cake.
Then when Justin got home, she opened the rest of her presents. Full House season 3...
Her third umbrella. She also got a new brush, some hair stuff, an Elsa dress, and a bulletin board for her room.
Who does she look more like? Her dad?
Or me? (I say dad)
After a spaghetti and meatball dinner, we had family over for cake.Saturday morning (Halloween) was her friend party. This was her first friend party! (She could have had one at 5 or 6 but she chose to go out to dinner or a play instead. I'm not mean.)
Her party was cupcake theme so the girls decorated aprons, played musical cupcakes, played a sprinkle toss game, pin the sprinkle on the cupcake and then decorated cupcakes.
That's my totally awesome niece Jaana back there controlling the music. She is Sarah's favorite person in the whole world and a very busy student at USU but surprised Sarah by coming to her party that morning.
Surprisingly, it never got too crazy with this many little girls. (Lexi, Jaida, Kate, Katie, Sarah, cousin Allison, cousin Bella, Hope, Violet, Hazel, Malea)
That afternoon right before trick or treating she lost a tooth. It was a full day!
Here are her 7-year pictures that we took today. I chose my favorite 7 and my 7 favorite things about Sarah to go with them. Enjoy!
1. She is a great student. I don't know if she's the smartest in her class but she's probably the best behaved and is just good at the whole school thing. She is very much in her element. I wouldn't be surprised if she became a teacher.
2. She is very considerate and sensitive. She is full of empathy. She has a hard time watching movies where people are in peril because she gets so scared for them. I really want to watch The Princess Bride with her but I don't think she could handle the fire swamp scene (I barely can).
3. She's a good friend and sister. She always wants everyone to have fun.
4. She never says bad words. Ever.
5. She's good at cleaning up which is nice because she's super good at making messes.
6. She has the best laugh and giggle. She gets the giggles a lot.
7. She's very spiritually minded and loves the scriptures and church and everything that goes with it. I don't worry about her at all always being strong in the gospel. She's already better than me in so many ways.
Okay, one extra one because she's so dang great. Happy Birthday Sarah Bear.
*super cute cupcake necklace from Jaana
3 comments:
Aw, I miss you guys already! It was definitely a successful birthday. I was hoping that the cupcake necklace would be pink (I didn't get to choose, lame) but it looks super cute with her outfit!
Awww, great pictures. She is beautiful and growing up so fast! I love that she got Full House for her birthday and your cake decorating skills are impressive!
Post a Comment