Tuesday, January 10, 2017

James at 2 Months

James is 2 months old today! I always thought 2 months was the peak of fussiness for my babies. And if this is true for James, I'm getting off pretty easy. He doesn't really get fussy, just restless and hungry. He just wants to eat for more than an hour before he goes to sleep. It's my Netflix time with Justin so for now it's fine but I'd like for him to go down before 10. And it's really annoying if he wakes up 15 minutes later and just wants to eat some more. But still, compared with my other babies' of hours of crankiness, he's pretty easy.
At his check-up he weighed 10 lbs 15 oz and 23 inches long. He wants to keep his title of biggest of my babies.

He smiled for the first time on Christmas Eve and I had to really coax it out of him. Now I can get him to smile at me if I talk to him. He likes to hear how much he's growing. He started to coo last week and it's my favorite. He looks like he's trying to say so many words but just a little coo comes out. And I swear he laughed! It was adorable. Just like to kiss him and snuggle him close.
He is a great eater and pretty good sleeper. Some days he takes a nap for like 3 hours and other days he won't sleep longer than 40 minutes at a stretch. He stays awake for only 90 minutes before he starts dozing again. He usually goes down for the night around 10 and wakes up once during the night between 3-5 am to eat then is good until 7-9 in the morning. We are not on any sort of schedule with him other than the newborn cycle of sleep/eat/sit in seat and look around until he needs mom/held by mom/sleep.
He loves to be talked to. That's pretty much his likes. He dislikes having clothing removed over his head, getting wet, or waiting even a millisecond to eat. He doesn't have stranger danger yet but I'm sure it will come. His eyes are blue, his eyelashes are dark so I think his hair will stay dark too. He is working on getting his fist to his mouth.
I should have taken his picture before the doctor because he is still cranky from his shots---not that I blame him.

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

That belly picture...it makes him look like a little old man! It's so cute!