Hello big eyes.
My little bear cub.
James loves sucking on his fingers so much, we've wondered if maybe he'd be the first of my kids to take a binky. But then I remembered my other kids didn't want a binky because they loved their fingers.
Here he is squawking. He squawks and coos all the time. Guess I'm 4/4 for chatty kids.
Other things about James: He is a good baby because he has to be. He's got all the entertainment he can handle with his older siblings. Sarah is a great help walking him around to look at things when he gets a little fussy. He smiles at anyone who talks to him. He loves to lay down and kick his legs. He can bring his hands to his mouth but hasn't tried to grab anything; I think that will happen in the next month, if I remember correctly.
He's lost all the hair he was born with except for little on the top and back center. He's rubbed a lot of it off on the back and sides but the top that fell out first is growing in nice and fluffy. It seems lighter but maybe just because it's short. It will be interesting to see what color his hair ends up being. His eyes are very blue.
He continues to be a sleeper with no rhyme or reason. It's still nearly 11 pm before he finally is down for night. I swear the harder I try to get him down earlier, the later and fussier he stays up. I've tried cutting off his naps at 6 then 7 but then he just seems out of sorts later and is harder to get down. I think I'll just go with the flow for another month or two and then try again to mess with his schedule. Some days he takes really long naps (like 2-3 hours) and others they are only 20-40 minutes.
Knock on wood but he's not afraid of people. Yet. I think my other kids had major distrust of everyone by this age but with him, so far so good.
1 comment:
One of my all-time favorite things about babies is that super-huge, open-mouthed smile. Great shot.
Post a Comment