Monday, July 17, 2017

Jumping, curling, posing, swimming, and diving

Since it's a bazillion degrees outside, the only way the kids can enjoy the trampoline during the day is if we turn the sprinklers on too.

Which they actually enjoy more than when it's dry.



They played until they were cold and pruny then ate popsicles on the porch wrapped up in their towels. Pretty good summer afternoon.
Some Sundays I do hot-rollers in Sarah's hair and Erica wanted a turn but her hair is too short so I promised we'd do foam curlers. I put them in for her one afternoon. I don't have an after picture because she was too busy running around and knocking them out. By the time she came back in, they had gone pretty flat. We'll try again when her hair is a little longer and she's more patient.
James is now doing baby yoga in preparation to crawl.
He does this all the time and the kids think it's hilarious.
Sarah finally got her week of swimming lessons. She's finally at the level where they focus on technique and learning new strokes so it's been fun to watch her practice.
 Here she is practicing her breathing. They learned the elementary backstroke and underwater swimming this year. I am looking forward to seeing what she learns next year. Now we just need to get to the pool more so that she can be on the high school swim team like she wants.
I wonder if this dive will do her well in a competition.
Here are all the kids' underwater pictures.

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

Jumping on the tramp with the sprinklers underneath is an iconic summer activity. It must be done. The popsicles are a good touch too. Also, we like curlformers brand curlers. Even Ivy can keep those in!