Wednesday, September 13, 2017

James at 10 months



At the expense of exposing myself as a not-so-great housekeeper, here are some pictures of James.
Eating a cob of corn that he threw on the floor the night before.
And then carrying it around in his mouth so he could crawl.
(Then I promptly cleaned him up and swept the floor.)

This kid, this kid. He pretty much makes me crazy. He's probably the cutest little thing with his huge blue eyes, long eyelashes and the biggest happy grin.
He needs all those things to save his life when I've had it with his screeching, kicking, squirming, food-throwing, yelling, fit-throwing, and clinginess.

He turned 10 months old so to commemorate I tried taking his picture outside.

He would not hold still, be a good sport or look at the camera. Got a good shot of those teeth though.

So the next day I settled for highchair pictures. Just ignore the cheese and the messy highchair.

New this month: He waves good-bye (after the person is gone so they never see it) and claps. He does the sign for more and milk. He pulls himself up to stuff and can lower down without crashing. He cruises just a little bit but it seems to be his focus lately. He loves to eat and surprises me with how much he can put away. He sleeps and naps great.

Sunday I had a birthday. This was my cake. It was good but not good enough to make again.


2 comments:

Megan Goodrich said...

I thought your birthday was coming up or just passed but can never remember the exact day. Hope it was a great one!

Jenny Evans said...

Those dark hardwood floors! They seem like they'd be such a great idea but they show EVERYTHING. Luckily, the cute baby is a better focal point. I don't think you need to worry about cleaning as long as you have a cute baby to attract attention.