A week before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring except for Justin cramped under the kitchen sink. Our disposal leaked so bad I had to keep a bowl underneath it at all times so we decided to replace it before it flooded the cabinet for the 3rd time. But then we decided we'd better replace our sink because it's as shallow as the one in my college apartment. And if we're going to replace the sink we might as well replace the faucet.
All that reasoning led to us spending $500 at Home Depot a week before Christmas plus Justin fitting in all this work after extra long days at the office. It wasn't the best of timing but it turned out great! I didn't love not having a kitchen sink for a day while Justin was at work but I was sure grateful to him for appeasing me with a replacement. And a shout-out to Corey for coming over and helping him finish. It makes our whole kitchen look new.Here are some photos of my kids on a rare quiet evening around the tree. Coincidentally they are all wearing their Christmas pjs from last year except for James (since his were 3 month size).
James is a blur in so many of these because he does not like to hold still.
Thursday was Rees' Christmas program. The grades sing the same songs every year so it was Sarah's turn to sing Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You.
They do a cool flashlight dance.
Henry's grade sang All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth. He did such a great job and did all the actions. See the blond lady standing in front of all the parents in the center aisle? Not a teacher, just a mom who walked all the way to the front and stood there the entire 2-song performance filming her son two to the right of Henry. It didn't bug me too bad because I still had a clear shot of Henry. And I planned ahead and brought a zoom lens so I could stand in the back and not be anyone's way. But the entire time all I could think about were all the kids she was in the way of. It still bugs me because she probably wrecked the shots of at least two other parents and now we all have her in our pictures. And who does she think she is? I have a hard time with school performances.
Let's see, must be the next day because the clothes are different. We decorated sugar cookies! Oh yes, this was Friday. Henry and Sarah spent most of the day at their friends Jaida and Lexi's grandma's house decorating gingerbread houses. But somehow they weren't frosted out.
Probably because sugar cookies are the best.
Even James defied death to get more of them.
Erica had a simple technique: pile the frosting high and dump sprinkles in the center.
My frosting technique is very similar.
Saturday night was Christmas Eve Eve. This is basically what Christmas Eve would be if we stayed home. Fist, fancy dinner with candles and fancy glasses.
Photo bomb Henry.
Our chef made French dip sandwiches and a salad. I made pretzel Jell-O and crème brulee for dessert.
James spent the entire meal throwing food off his tray and trying to grab my glass.
Then they took baths and opened Christmas jammes. Henry and James matchy-matched this year.
James did not want to get his picture taken even though they look so dang cute together.
Erica and Sarah matched again this year. They love that. I sure hope Erica and James like wearing these pajamas again in 5 years.
Christmas Eve we went to my mom's house with my sisters and their families. James loooved this ice skating toy.
Erica and Maddie played Uno Attack which meant they took turns hitting the button and collecting cards.
One of my favorite traditions is forcing teenage nephews into performing the nativity. This is Joseph and the shepherds/ninjas.
Mary.
Three wise men who held onto the frankincense together the entire time.
Pretty sure the girls are the only ones who enjoys doing this.
Allison and Erica were the multitude of heavenly hosts.
Then we played Telestrations while James screamed and screamed and the rest of us laughed and laughed.
Next post: Santa comes!

No comments:
Post a Comment