Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January? Done!

Wow January sure went by fast. It's probably because I didn't spend the entire month shoveling snow or searching the inversion sky looking for the sun. I liked it! I wish all Januaries could be so easy to get along with.

James my baby is so funny. It's hard to get a picture of him that isn't blurry because he is always on the move. He's starting to climb onto the couch and I know it's a matter of time before he attempts the kitchen chairs and then the kitchen table. No surface will be safe! He still eats quite a bit but he does this really annoying thing where he grabs the food out of his mouth and drops it instead of just refusing the bite because he's full. "If you're full, don't take the bite!" I say in exasperation as he flings mushy Mini Wheats onto the floor.
 Last week we had our friends Dave and Jill and their two kids over for dinner. They at moving to Minnesota so we wanted to see them one more time before they left.
Erica loved playing with their 2-year-old daughter and leading her around and finding things for her to play with. Erica may have been nearly 2 years older, but she was only a couple of inches taller! We'll miss them.
Saturday night we had each of the kids pick a game for the whole family to play after baths but before bed. This took longer than I expected so only Sarah got to play her game (Casino Yahtzee) that night. Justin and I played Formula D with Henry after church and then we played Erica's choice of Bold Sunday night before bed. It was fun to see what they each chose. Henry played the entire game of Bold dressed like this. Pretty sure he won too.
 Erica loves this game almost as much as she loves eating popcorn.
 Sarah did well too. I did terribly this round for some reason.
Here we are the library. I don't like taking James to the library very often because he likes to shove books to the back of the shelves or pull them onto the floor. Or climb the super tall, steep flight of stairs while my back is turned. When I do take him, we have to hang out in the playroom while Erica picks out her own books.
 He sure is cute though.
 On Tuesday Henry started little hoopsters basketball. He tucked in his shirt just like the players he watches on TV.
 He had a lot of fun although he spent most of the time goofing around in line with his friends.
 55 minutes is a long time to keep these little turkeys occupied.

 We spent most of the time keeping Erica from playing in the curtains and keeping James off the court.
Only 7 more sessions! Between activity days, piano lessons, young women's, and basketball, our Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be pretty busy in February.

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

Ditto on the library-my babies always ended up finding their way to the computers they have for preschoolers and pounding on the keys. Also, James looks so big and not baby-ish at all in those last pictures.