Thursday, June 21, 2018

Father's Day 2018

I'll just go ahead and speak for Justin and tell you he had a great father's day. The kids made eggs and toast for breakfast and then they couldn't wait any longer to give Justin his presents. 

I let the kids each pick something for dad.
First up, Erica. She was mostly excited to give him a present in her favorite Ariel giftbag.
 She had the idea all on her own to get him trailmix.
And wasted no time asking him if she could have some of the m&ms.
 Next up Henry who also picked his favorite motorcycle giftbag. Only the best for their dad.
He chose Drumsticks, one of Justin's favorite ice cream treats. Aaaaand he's asking dad if he can have one since it's such a big box.
I'm pretty sure James thought it was Justin's birthday and with all the birthday bags, who can blame him.
 A church shirt and a work shirt, as requested. Okay, so maybe James had nothing to do with this gift.
Sarah is apologizing that the bag isn't the right size or shape for her gift.
BBQ lighters! Once Sarah knew this was what he wanted, she helped me hunt all over Walmart to find them. (They're on the checkout lane with the cigarettes, for future reference.)
 Then outside for our picture. Henry was being a pill about the whole thing.
He's like that goth kid in the otherwise normal family photo.
Image result for goth kid in a family photoImage result for goth kid in a family photo
So I zoomed in.
But I couldn't not have him in the photo. Nothing a little starburst bribe can't cure.

I made him a flan, took James for the entire time at church, and took the kids to my parents for a couple of hours so he could have a golf nap. He deserves all the golf naps because he's such a great dad to these little nerds. He's fun and funny and is always pushing them to try new things and is so proud of them when they do. He takes good care of us and makes things happen. I like him.

I also had a great time visiting with my dad and mom. I made my dad some cream of mushroom soup and a loaf of crusty bread but I didn't overcook the bread enough to my dad's liking. I just can't overbake (burn) things. It makes me sad inside. He'll have to burn it in the toaster himself. He and my mom told Sarah and I stories of their childhood (the first time they got indoor plumbing, automatic washing machines, and driving to California with no AC). And we discussed why people had to drink beer and wine because the water would make them sick. Good times.

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

I love the facial expressions in the first pictures. You've captured some fun emotions! Also, I didn't know the term "golf nap" existed but I definitely know what one is!