When you're nearly 2-year-old starts to look like a member of a British boy band, it's time for a haircut.
I've been putting it off because I just love his blond hair.But he was not a good sport about wetting his hair and combing it down. He thought he needed a turn too and mussed it all up.
Look how much I cut off! He's such a nice boy during his haircut. He tells me it tickles and squirms a bit but if I'm fast enough, no drama.
Erica told me she wants to be a trick-or-treater for Halloween. "So you just wear your coat and carry your pumpkin?" Yes, she says, "And say 'trick-or-treat' so they know I'm there for candy."She'll most likely wear her Cinderella dress that she wears multiple times a week and I'm fine with getting more of my money's worth out of that dress. She told me she's not scared about school anymore and we've only had one day when she had no enthusiasm about going. She talks about her teachers and the other children so I think she's feeling more comfortable there. One day she forgot her backpack so they sent her home with a grocery sack but all that was inside was a book order form. Really? You can't just hand her the paper?
![]() |
| A dance pose from someone who's never had a ballet lesson in her life. |
Henry is going to be Tom Brady again but with new pants since he's outgrown the ones from his costume. He wears the Tom Brady jersey at least once a week to school and I told him that when Halloween comes around no one will think he's dressed up. "Yeah they will because I'll have the helmet on." He has a point. I'm also happy to get more of my money out of that costume too.
This is not Justin's Halloween costume although I'm tempted to have him sit on our porch just so on Halloween night and scare away trick-or-treaters. This is a prototype of our Million Dollar Idea so I'm sure you'll hear about it again and buy it.I finished my quilt! #3 of #35 of things I'll do while I'm 35 is to make a quilt just for me. I used this tutorial because it required cutting strips, not triangles (although the daisy chain title is misleading as this is a herringbone pattern).
My favorite part might be the backing fabric. Damask is my favorite print and this flannel is so soft.
I had it all quilted more than a week ago but saved the binding to do during General Conference. I finished hand sewing the last few inches during the closing song. Whew! I've got a few more sewing projects going that I'll show when they're done.
One thing that I love love love about Henry is his writing and illustrating. It's the sweet side to an otherwise rough and tumble, teasing child. First is his fall story.
Doesn't that sound like a legitimate book?
He found these outside and glued them on his page.
Except for the fact that James dragged this toy with him from the waiting room and spent the better part of the appointment climbing on the exam chair and pushing the big arm thing that holds the tools and tray into the Marci the hygienist's side.
Check out these clouds breaking up after the early morning storm. I love storms, clouds, fall leaves and mountains.
We finally met the newest member of the Dye family. Nate and Cassandra's baby was born September 18 and my kids finally have a Dye cousin and Justin is an uncle in his own right.
Sarah was happy as can be holding little Madison Kate. I think these two are going to be good buds.
Erica loves her too. James kept saying "cute" and Henry looked at her for a minute before going outside with his football. I haven't had a new nephew or niece in 5 1/2 years so this is pretty fun for me too. She's a cute baby!
And Erica and James found a new way to play together.












No comments:
Post a Comment