Sunday, December 23, 2018

Christmas 2018: Part 1

Henry won this gingerbread house in a drawing at school. He was so excited. Because it was so huge and heavy I told him I wouldn't bring it in the house. He and his friends ate off of it while it was in the back of the car and then I threw it away because I needed to go grocery shopping.
I didn't take a ton of pictures during the first part of our break. The kids played with friends and worked on their Christmas surprises. I went to my neighbor's girls night out party and listened in on others' conversations and asked lots of questions about other's traditions (I love Christmas traditions). Friday night Justin and I stayed up past midnight wrapping ALL the presents while watching Christmas Vacation and Pitch Perfect. I don't know if I'd save all the wrapping to be done in one night but it was nice not to have to deal with the mess for days. Saturday I did some last minute shopping (including 2 trips to the dollar store) and dipped chocolates with my mom.

Sunday we had only an hour of church which was great to give us more time to prepare for Christmas Eve Eve. I have since learned that Denmark calls this Little Christmas Eve so we may switch to that.

Justin worked on making Osso Bucco and I made sugar cookies with all the kids. I didn't get mad or shoo them all away so I think I'm growing as a person.
Hey there's me.
Henry frosted this one that he called his "crazy train"
My sprinkle dumper. Good thing I got 4 big bottles of sprinkles for a dollar.
They certainly aren't going to win any beauty contests but the good tasting ones never do.
Look how fancy I got with this Santa hat. 2 frosting colors!
When James woke up from his nap, he frosted his train cookie. He loved frosting it but didn't ever want to eat it.
Then we set the table for dinner.
I only use candles and these fancy glasses for birthdays (if the birthday child requests) and Christmas Eve Eve so it's a pretty special night


Afterwards the kids cleaned up the living room and I gave them their new pjs and Christmas book.
And then the obligatory photo by the Christmas tree.
The girls were matchy-matchy per Erica's request in pink roses.
And the boys were coordinated in Christmas dinosaurs. Maybe next year they will be in the same sizing group and I can matchy-match them too.
And then Justin read Mr. Willoughby's Christmas tree. It was very sweet. Then we read scriptures and off to bed!
Next up: Christmas Eve- the best day of the year.

1 comment:

The Goodrich's said...

We love Mr. Willoughby's Christmas Tree! It's made even better when dad reads it, in my opinion. The flower jammies are cute. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas.