Henry was baptized on June 1. It was such a great day. He thought he wanted a new suit like his friend Myer wore at his baptism but since I knew we were coming up on summer and that it's a fight some Sundays just to get him to wear pants, he got a new white shirt instead. I had to bribe him with Chick-fil-a for dinner if he wore his clothes just how I wanted him to (shirt tucked in with a belt) so I'm glad I didn't add to my stress a suit that would have hung in his closet until James's baptism (although it would probably fit James long before that).
The night before Justin asked him if he had any questions. "How many people have you baptized?" Henry wanted to know. I'm not sure if he doubted his ability or what. "Hundreds. Maybe a thousand." (Justin worked in the temple baptistry for 2 years.) He seemed satisfied by that answer.
Can you just feel the love Erica has for James?
This is us.
Henry's friends Tristan and Mai were also baptized that day. I loved seeing all the families come support them. And it was so cool to see all the men in Henry's life assist in the confirmation. I love families and this church.
Sarah said the opening prayer and when she sat back down, Erica asked me if she was saying the closing prayer. No, I reassured her. "But I want to do something." I thought she was afraid she had to!
And I'm so proud of this kid. He has such a good heart and a determined spirit. We got him his own set of scriptures and a tote and he was so happy about it and wanted to start reading the Book of Mormon right then. We're in Alma 34 as a family but he wanted to start over on his own.
| "Dad, whatever the number of people you baptized is, add one," he said right after. |
Afterwards we had a bbq at Justin's parents' house and he had fun eating his favorite foods: hamburgers, fruit, chips, Sarah salad, and hotdogs.
And plenty of cousin time.We were all dying from the direct sunlight and heat. It was 66 degrees. It's been a cloudy, wet spring.
For dessert, all he wanted were cupcakes so we made 4 dozen! 24 of them were vanilla with sweetened condensed milk frosting and sprinkles and 24 were chocolate with caramel cream cheese frosting and sports rings. He liked walking around the party and passing them out to the guests.
Matt and his family couldn't make it but they sent Henry this cute card. Getting his own package was almost as great as seeing them in person.
![]() |
| M&M = Marvelous Member. I stole that for my talk. |
By that afternoon his allergies were bothering him something terrible, poor kid. He got Chick-fil-a for dinner and went to bed after playing Monopoly with Sarah.








1 comment:
What a great day...the best of the best! Congratulations!
Post a Comment