Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Back to School 2019

Name the movie

It's the most wonderful time of the year! First off, the openhouse when the kids meet their teachers and find their desks and all that fun. Erica was introduced to the concept of a cubby.
Henry didn't even want to go in his classroom until he saw a bunch of his friends in there. I asked him if he was excited about school and this is the face I got.
Sarah, in stark contrast, didn't want to leave her desk.
I did all their clothes shopping online in July so there was little back to school prep right before. There was the matter of de-PJ Masking Henry's sandwich box. There were slim pickings on sandwich boxes at the dollar store. (Last year he lost 3 sandwich boxes. We have no idea how.)
Henry is in 3rd grade with Mrs. Painter and cute little Daphne and a bunch of his friends. I hope he doesn't get in too much trouble.
He has a bad attitude about homework but he is always my first kid ready and rides his bike with Wayne so they can get there early and play basketball before the bell rings.
 Sarah is in 5th grade with Mrs. Hunt. She already loooooves her teacher. She's a veteran teacher and looked me in the eyes and asked me with all compassion if I was ready for the year to start. Yes, yes I am. I actually said something like I'm not completely prepared but we're just going to do it.
I can already tell Sarah is going to love her class. She tells me everyday the funny stories Mrs. Hunt told and is super gung-ho to make honor roll.
 Fast-forward a week--the longest week of Erica's life. Erica is in kindergarten with Mrs. Chidester. Henry and Sarah both had her so Erica was super excited to get her.

 James likes to tell everyone, including strangers, that he is going to preschool. He is only 2 and he is not.

Erica said she was fine with Sarah walking her in but I insisted. I needed to know she wasn't left crying or something. We arrived suuuuper early because they were ready and got in the car.

 Mrs. Chidester was nice and let her come in the classroom even though there was a good 15 minutes before the bell rang.
Once she was all settled, James and I waited in the hall watching to make sure she was okay. As soon as a couple more kids arrived, we waved good-bye.
I don't get many details out of what she actually does during the day but she has told me a lot about recess and her new best friend Finley who was in her preschool class and she missed all summer long.

I am getting used to yet another new schedule. Erica is in morning kindergarten so we drop her and Sarah off and James and I hang out together in the mornings. We pick her up, come home for lunch and then James goes down for a nap and Erica and I hang out in the afternoon. It's fun having some one on one time with the littles.

No comments: