Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Ring in September!

Can you feel the crispness in the air? No? Yeah it is 95 degrees. Give it another week and we'll be so comfortable.

The construction of a massive subdivision is creeping closer to my house. I can hear and see trucks every day. I don't appreciate them starting at 7 am on Saturday. It will be weird to have rear neighbors.
Justin and I went on a real date that he planned. It was awesome. We ate at a Chinese restaurant then toured the BYU art museum. They had a cool photography exhibit of railroads across the country to commemorate the Golden Spike anniversary here in Utah. This photo caught our eye because of the unique geology and were surprised to see that "Devils Slide" is in Utah and we'd never heard of it.
 I googled it later and learned that it is in Morgan County. I anticipate a detour the next time we drive to Logan.

One night James climbed into the front seat and said he was going to drive home so Justin played along and sat in his seat.
 James was totally serious.
 I found this in my photos on my phone. The cursive writing leads me to believe it was Sarah.
 I do this thing where I take pictures of stuff at the store as an idea of gifts to buy or to price compare with other stores. Is this a better deal on printer paper than Walmart? Stay tuned.
 Sunday we spent the day at the cabin in Scofield with Justin's extended family. He continued on to camp with his parents and brother and I brought the kids home and caught this amazing sunset.
Sadly my cellphone camera doesn't do it justice. The lake was completely luminescent blue and the moon was so bright and low in the sky.

Labor Day was "the best day ever" according to Henry. We packed a lunch and headed to a splashpad we'd never been to in North Orem. We got there just a few minutes after it turned on and there were just 6 other kids.
Don't mind the stranger toddler playing with your toes, Henry.
It has 3 waterfalls off a concrete Mt. Timpanogos replica. It was pretty breezy this morning and my kids were cold. I think if it was hotter outside we would have stayed longer.
By the time we left an hour later, the park was pretty packed. Goodbye to splashpads until Memorial Day.

 From there we went to Days Market in Provo where according to Google reviews has amazing doughnuts. They were pretty dang good. Plus most of them were only 59 cents. I think we'll stop there again anytime we go to anything at BYU. Then we came home and cleaned the house and then Henry and Sarah went to Violet and Dexter's apartment for the afternoon, James slept and Erica and I didn't do much (it was a holiday, after all). Justin came home in time to get unpacked then we picked up the biggles and headed up to my mom's for a bbq of brisket and pulled pork. Splashpad, doughnut, friends, cousins, videogames. It might as well have been Henry's birthday.

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

We drive by Devil's Slide anytime we drive to my parents. It was cool enough to make me look up from my book whenever we drove by when I was a kid. Now I drive by it every time we drive to my parents so it's lost some of it's coolness for me. You should check it out...drive up through Provo Canyon, through Heber and Coalville and then over to Morgan-much more scenic than I-15.

That is our splashpad of choice but my kids never last too long for some reason. My older two definitely think they are too old for splash pads. It's always helpful to take a little toy boat that they can float down the stream.