Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Valentine's Day

All my kids made Valentine boxes this year even though Henry's teacher was the only one that said to and James doesn't even go to school. 
 He did this all by himself. He used the glue gun and found all the materials and only threw it off the table in frustration once.
 Erica made hers out of a cracker box.
James had no idea what he was doing but if it involves cutting and gluing, he's all about it.

 I think Sarah's looks like a food truck.
Every year my kids get a package from my sister-in-law Lisa. She is the Santa of Valentine's Day to my kids. It doesn't matter what I get them, they anxiously watch the mail for Lisa's Valentines.

And then they went to school. Henry and Sarah wanted school lunch so I didn't get to cut their sandwiches with the heart cookie cutter like I like to. 😞 And I forgot to give Justin his special box of cereal to take to work and then I spent the day getting ready for our trip to Arizona so it was kind of a weird, atypical Valentines day for me. 

I got my kids each a new book and a bag of candy per tradition. I tried 4 stores to find cherry hearts and these heart suckers. Stokes in Salem for the win! I put several pieces in each of their bags along with new insulated water bottles that were waiting for them in their seat in the car and off we went!
UP NEXT: Dyes go big in Arizona.

No comments: