I don't remember why but Henry wanted to try out Sarah's bike. I thought he'd be embarrassed to ride a girl's bike but all he commented on was the difference in the placement of the handlebars.
So Sarah tried out his. After this she tried my bike and liked it so much that's what she's riding to school now. I think it's weird that I have a child big enough to ride my bike.
Most mornings James lies in the middle of the kitchen floor while we are getting ready for school. It's like the room is so crazy that he might as well just lie down and make it even harder.
"I'm not going to feel bad if you get stepped on," I say everyday.
He's getting really good at his new bike. He saw a real live motorcycle that looked just like this and he was so excited.
He's tried it without the training wheels a couple of times but didn't like it so I put them back on. We'll try again soon.
I bottled 21 jars of pears. I like bottling pears much more than peaches because 1. no bugs or worms 2. easier to peel and no pits, just seeds.

I don't remember why I took this picture. Maybe it's because she's dipping ritz crackers in cottage cheese.
And at the other end of the table James was devouring a peach.
Sarah bought some air dry clay with some money she's earned babysitting for the neighbors. Erica did not like the texture.
Since it's not so blazing hot around lately the kids can actually go outside more. James made a rollercoaster out of sidewalk chalk.
Here is demonstrating going down it.
This is James's job chart he made up. Erica helped him. If he cleans his room 16 times he gets a Kong Kone at Macey's. I couldn't say no to that.

One morning I found Erica asleep in the recliner in her room. We don't have anywhere else for my recliner so it's still in there. I've fallen asleep in it many a time feeding my babies in the middle of the night.
Henry's football season is coming to a close. They played their last regular season game on Saturday.
They didn't win but they played really well. It's been fun to see his team get better over the past few weeks. Henry plays his heart out every game and he is so fast!

Erica and my mom drawing together. Erica drew a house and asked my mom to draw one too.
Sunday evening Justin asked who wanted to go for a ride up the mountains. James heard him first and didn't want him to ask anyone else. So the two of them went. (The other kids and I rode scooters around the neighborhood and played Life.)
Kindred mountain spirits, these two.
Yesterday the kids got out at noon so Justin decided to leave work early too and we drove up the canyon to eat dinner and go on a hike.
How does Henry get so dirty??

Erica fell in the water and got drenched from head to toe. Luckily she had extra clothes in the car.

And James was just happy to be in the mountains just like his dad.



My neighbor/friend/Sarah's piano teacher dropped of this little bouquet of flowers she grew in her garden. It makes me so happy! Maybe I should try growing flowers besides tulip bulbs.

1 comment:
This post makes me happy because it's all about the simple joys.
Post a Comment