Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August Wrap Up

Justin climbed on the roof to check the gutters and James, is ever trusty sidekick when it comes to home projects, climbed out the window onto the roof with him. I did not like it.
I was about to lose it the entire time he was out there but James said it was the best day of his life.
One of the few glaring projects left was the flight of stairs to the master bedroom. I wanted to complete this ages ago but waited until workers were done going up and down the flight of stairs with tools and dust and whatnot.
The unfinishedness stuck out in an otherwise finished house.
Well, Friday was the day! 
I am so tired of stapling. I still need to finish the last step in the family room then I can check this project off my list.
Another project was this coat rack in the laundry room. This room connects with the garage and so it's where the kids come in and out. Three days of school with them having no where to hang their backpacks pushed this project to the top of the list. We bought the wood at the hardware store and I put a layer of clear coat on top and then Justin nailed it up and then I marked where each of the hooks went and he installed those too.
The plan is to add some wallpaper and a she storage bench but to have the hooks is a big relief.
Justin also put the same wood and hooks in the coat closet with Erica's assistance.
The rod is so high and impossible for anyone under 5 1/2 feet to reach so adding hooks on both sides of the closet has made some useful space for the kiddos. Right now it holds my library bag but I'm sure once the weather turns the hooks will be covered in jackets.
James is patiently waiting for preschool to start after Labor Day. He is doing so well with James school. He can read 5 sight words and knows the sounds of 5 letters.
After we got home from the store one day, I took a minute to get out of the car. James hopped right out and then I saw this.


He's very proud of himself.

I was craving smores in a bad way so Justin kindly borrowed a portable firepit. Now I just want a firepit even more! Maybe for my birthday.

On Sunday my niece Jaana came over to visit. She was home from DC for a few weeks and came down to see her Utah County family. She came to church with us and that evening my parents and sister and her family came over for dinner and a backyard football game.

Here's my dad doing the tip off. We play by our own rules back here.
When it came time for her to drive back to her parents in Logan, we had to figure out when we would see her again. (Thanksgiving?) She loves DC but we both wish it wasn't so far away.
James drew this cute picture on the whiteboard so I took a picture before I had to erase it.
Tomorrow is September! So begins my favorite time of year.

No comments: