The day James has been waiting for finally came last week. He started preschool! He goes to the preschool at the high school which is the same one Sarah did 8 years ago. At first there was only a spot in the 3 year old class but they had someone drop last minute in the 4 year old class so he got to switch and goes 3 days a week instead of 2. He would have been the oldest, tallest and smartest in the younger class so I'm glad it worked out. Heck, he still may be the oldest, tallest, and smartest in the older class but he'll fit in better.
He is the first one to go to school but quick to remind you he's also the first one done.
He was a little nervous when I left him the first day but I told him I was just leaving to get him a doughnut and I'd be outside waiting in the car when he was done. (The same tactic I used with Henry.) We went to my parent's house after and he ate his doughnut.
He didn't give me very many details of how the day went. It wasn't until we were the car driving to Henry's football game and Erica asked how preschool went that he spilled the beans to her. His favorite part is snack time.
This is the outline they did of him. I remember Sarah doing this on the first day too.

How he writes his name is my favorite thing.
The second day he went in without me just fine.

This happens every day at my house. Multiple times a day, probably. James picks a fight with Henry, usually by surprise dive-bombing him on the couch. If Henry is in a good mood he'll wrestle back and it goes on and on until Henry gets tired of it. James doesn't get tired of it. James won't stop. Henry gets mad and gets too rough in attempt to get James to stop. James doesn't stop. Henry sits on James or pushes him off the couch. James cries and runs to me, "Henry sat on my head [or pushed me off the couch or twisted my arm] for no reason!"
James came on my walk with me the other day. We walked past the magical yard and the owner (Bro Finch we learned) was outside. He saw James stop in his tracks and stare at his yard and asked him if he'd like to play. Uh yes. It was a dream come true for both of us.
Bro Finch invited us back anytime we'd like and we even have an open invitation to pick all the tomatoes we want in his garden. We have the best neighbors.
I turned 38 and we went to a football game to celebrate of course!
Actually it was homecoming and since we are the 20 year reunion kids, we were invited (were we invited by the school? or did we just decide?) to the homecoming game which happened to be on my birthday. Before there was a get-together of our classmates and that was fun. I remember by birthday always falling on homecoming week.
I'm not gonna lie, I spent most of the time talking to friends I see all the time.
After the game we went to Brookers because it's so good.
I got Samuel Adams, Father of the Cookies and Cream Revolution and Abraham Lincoln's New Birthday Cake of Freedom.
And then we went home and stayed up late, maybe even midnight, watching The Dig on Netflix.
No comments:
Post a Comment