Monday, April 18, 2022

Easter 2022

Since egg dye in my house gives me anxiety, we paint wood eggs each year. Well we have for the last 3 years anyway.
The kids like it so win-win.

We have to talk a lot about basic painting skills like not mixing colors and letting a layer dry before painting over it.

Ta-da! Here are this year's eggs.
And '20 and '21 are in the basket. We are going to have a quite a collection in just a few years. They are my only Easter decorations.
We had breakfast and egg hunt at Justin's parent's on Saturday morning. They had a flight to catch that evening so we had to change up our usual Sunday Easter dinner.

I ended up having to lift James up to reach this egg.
"Who put an egg way up on the trailer?!" That would be me.
She's such a good sport when I ask her to show me her basket like a little kid. She asked if she was too old to hunt for eggs. If you want to carry a cute basket around and pick up candy with the rest of the kids, I'm not going to say no. I feel the same way about trick-or-treating. I don't mind handing candy out to teens if they legit dressed up. If you like it, you're not too old.
Nadine made these cute bags with each of their names on them full of cute candy and play-dough. 
Grandpa Kitchen, Grandpa Roy and Justin. 

I hid Henry's bag too well. Can you see the cellophane sticking out the back of the stacked chairs? We had to play hot and cold for him to find it.

Henry was also a good sport about posing but wouldn't smile.
Erica doesn't like her basket because jelly beans and robin eggs fall right through. But I'm mean and won't buy her a new one because it's such a cute basket.

Saturday afternoon we went to my parents house for an egg hunt too. It was the smallest group in the history of Easter ever because of work schedules, sickness, play rehearsal, and church callings. But we still had fun!
A few days before James asked all irritated like, "Why do you always hide the eggs on the fence every year?" So when they took off running I told him I put eggs on the fence just for him.

300 eggs in the yard and they go for the same one.
Sarah was gathering for cousins that couldn't make it.


I found an egg from last year full of leaves. I debated closing it up but decided to not be mean.


And then they dumped them all out, sorted and traded.




I love Easter.

I love Peeps. I'm a little confused why these didn't have eyes.

Oh there they are.
Easter clothes! I love love love these little hooligans. Or not so little hooligans.
Henry specifically asked for a white shirt and tie and belt.
Bets on when James overtakes Erica on height. (He's in the 50th percentile for height and she's the shortest in her class.)
Happy Easter from the Dye family!

No comments: