The kids (minus the birthday boy) stayed up late to decorate for Henry's birthday and to set out his presents. They look forward to this so much.
Henry requested a Y made from streamers and Sarah obliged.At 7 am sharp Henry woke me up. I was not amused. I told him, "It's your birthday, not Christmas. And it's a Saturday so we're in no hurry to get you guys off to school." He tried to tell me everyone else was awake but I had a hard time believing it. I made my way downstairs 30 min later. Everyone was awake.
Justin was at the church filling the font for baptisms so we videoed him in so he could watch the present opening. If he were home he'd be in the kitchen cooking breakfast so maybe this was better??
Erica got Henry a balloon.And a card. She is the sweetest.
James gifted his remote control car which was Henry's remote control car that I made him give to James a couple months ago because Henry threw James's car and broke it. It was a very kind gesture.
Little Debbie cakes, as requested.
New shirts, not requested.
A hatchet from Justin. They are reading Hatchet together these days. He'll put it to good use camping and for wood for the firepit.
He had no idea he wanted one so bad.
A shoshibo cube, as requested. Apparently they are all the rage in fifth grade.
He also got Dr Pepper and a box of Lucky Charms.
Then he got an extra long turn on the computer while I worked on his cake. White cake, whipped ganache filling, buttercream frosting with a BYU Y with blue sprinkles. Ta-da!
I baked his cake in a 9x13 pan then cut it in half and stacked it. It made for a very cute size. It fits on my pretty tray and is much easier to cut than a round cake so I might do layered cakes this way more often.
Justin got home from baptisms around 1:30 so after he changed we took pictures. Who does he look more like?Then we went for a late lunch to Burger Supreme with Justin's parents. Few people love burgers more than Henry loves burgers.
What is up with Erica and tomatoes? She is obsessed. She picked out two tomatoes at Reams the other day "just to eat."
From there Sarah and James rode home with Corey and Nadine so we could have room in the car to pick up Wayne and Madison and bring them home with us so that they could play together for the rest of the day. When we got back my parents came over to open presents.And a BYU hat, baseball glove, and a hiking backpack from Justin's parents.
Football cards from Wayne
I think you're old when you can light your own birthday candles.
After that more kids started coming over. They played flag football forever.
Meanwhile Madison and Erica were being all cute.
The boys managed to hold still for a minute so I could take their picture.
And while I was putting James to bed Henry opened his presents from Isaak and Taylor but I missed it. He got more nerf guns and I don't know what else because they were back to playing when I came back out.
Other fun facts about Henry:
1. His allergies are back. Last year he didn't have any symptoms at all so I thought he was done. Nope.
2. He cares about how he looks. He cares how his hair is cut and combed. He is particular about clothes and very particular about shoes.
3. He's our best eater. He's not nearly as picky as he used to be and when he eats something he likes, he's so enthusiastic about it.
4. He quotes Studio C all the time.
5. He loves to cook, especially on the grill. He also likes to bake cookies and he made the best cake the other day (and I've had a lot of cake) It was white cake with a whipped chocolate ganache frosting and strawberries.
6. He reads nearly exclusively comic books these days but not the comics you're thinking. Think Calvin and Hobbes, Garfield, Baby Blues, Pickles, and Fox Trot, Family Circus. You know, newspaper comics.
7. He didn't play basketball this year. He wants to play football in the fall and is kind of wishing he played baseball since he loves watching James's t-ball games.
8. He makes this dumb face and this weird "uhhhh" sound when he doesn't get his way or is told no.
9. He is still my early bird. All the males in this house are early risers.
10. He is so fun to joke around with. He's fun to tease because he either goes along with it or rolls his eyes which is just as rewarding.
11. He gives the best hugs and I know he means it when he tells me he loves me.
*Bonus*
Henry was Patrick Henry for his 5th grade wax museum.



.jpg)











.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment