A week ago Justin and I celebrated our 20-year high school reunion. A couple of my closest friends were coming from out of state for it so I knew I had no excuse since I'm pretty sure I could win the award for "lives the closest to the high school." I wanted to go for 2 reasons: see the people that I like, be surprised by how some people turned out. I figured social media today kind of takes the curious factor away but since I'm not on social media, I was curious.
It's kind of funny how some people don't change a bit. They talk and act just the same. I liked it. The girl on my left is Hollie. She was a cheerleader. Her dad is my current stake president so even though we weren't friends friends in high school, I wanted to talk to her that night so I did. But then more cheerleaders saw her and all the squeals and hugs put an end to our conversation.
I don't know how I got in this photo with the "cool" kids. Well yes I do. We had a great class. There were definitely groups but not really any cliques. The five of us hung out with lots of other groups, even the cool kids from time to time.
I loved high school. I had the best friends ever and very little drama. It seemed like the boys I liked never liked me or at least not at the same time I liked them. Plus that's how Justin and I connected 3 years later. We think we are one of 3 couples that married within our grade (There are a lot that married fellow Springville high alum).
Saturday the 4 of us (we miss you Ang) went out for dinner and stayed and talked for so long I thought they were annoyed (the restaurant wasn't even half full so I don't feel bad). These ladies were so fun and funny back in the day but I think I like them even more now. They are so full of wisdom and faith and funny stories.
Time flies, I tell ya. (Mandy isn't in the pic below but Angela is.)
Who knew that 20 years later this would be my life?
Sprinkler valve mysteries....
sprinkler repair (our lives are all about sprinklers these days)
And these hooligans. Always a hooligan around.
Earlier this month was our orthodontist's annual pool party. Sarah was a camera in the raffle. If you think about how much we have spent and will spend on braces, that was a very expensive camera.We had never been to the Provo rec center outdoor pool so that was fun. And Justin and I have finally reached the "go have fun without us" stage of pool outings. James just goes with the other kids.
Erica's friend Delany's mom took Erica for the day. Along with Lucia they spent the day at the new park in Spanish fork and then got snow cones. It was a good distraction for Delaney and Erica since they're big sisters were at girls camp together. I love this sweet giggly girl stage. They are so funny and easy.


But as fun as that was, Erica couldn't wait for Sarah to come home. She couldn't even wait for me to come back from picking her up at the church and came to the parking lot with me. Sarah had a blast at stake girls camp. They split them up by grade which Sarah loved because she got to be with friends from school but also got to know the girls in her grade better. She told us all about it for the rest of the day, ending each explanation with "it was so fun!" She had a week with us in Idaho and then she's off again to FSY for another 6 days.
Also during that week Henry went white bass fishing at Utah Lake with Corey which meant fish tacos for dinner.
Up next: The Dyes go to Idaho which felt like Alaska.










.jpg)







No comments:
Post a Comment