Last week Justin had some friends from out of town in Utah so we did what you should always do, have a party. We had about 30 people, mostly kids. Here's the crew. (Josh on the end has a wife; she left to take her littles home to bed.)
The bounce house was a big hit with all the kids old and young. It destroyed the grass but I think it was worth it and our lawn wasn't all that great to begin with.
Henry spent more time on it than anyone.We also had a few lawn games but the bounce house was where it was at.
We cooked hotdogs for the kids, steaks and kabobs for adults. We were smart and fed the kids first so we could eat in mostly peace.
We are missing a few friends but hilarity was still there.
2002
Everyone found a new friend their age except for Erica. There were only boys her age but in true Erica form, she just played with everyone.
We've decided to make it a yearly event with whoever is in town and can make it. And I'm pretty sure a bounce house will part of it too.
Forever ago I found these frames at DI. Big cheap frames, yes please. They had these generic forgettable prints that mostly matched the carpet and stuff so I mostly ignored them but every once in awhile they bugged me because they were so boring.
I would look online often and had some things picked out that I liked but nothing I could get printed in this large size that I needed. But I finally found these posters on Society6.com that came in the right size and I love the colors and style. Plus they weren't terribly expensive so I can change them out if I get tired of them.Erica and a rainbow one evening.
Here's a view I found on a walk one morning. James had another turn picking the treat and game for our Friday night. He chose homemade doughnuts and counted down the days until we made them.
And he chose we play Bang. Again. He only got a little emotional when he died in the first game.I think we are in the doldrums of summer. The kids are in high boredom mode which manifests itself in picking fights and being super unmotivated. "I already did that like 10 times," they say to each of my suggestions. It being like a million degrees outside doesn't help much. They spend a lot of time at my mom's, ostensibly to do jobs but I know there's plenty of playing on her Nintendo and eating her snack foods. All of the kids but Henry are looking forward to school starting again. One month from tomorrow.















No comments:
Post a Comment