We've spent a lot of evenings at the playing field for Henry's games. James has gotten pretty creative entertaining himself.
Justin and Henry went to the BYU football game v. USU. Justin's aunt has season tickets and generously offered Justin the tickets to any game he'd like. He took Henry and this was Henry's first BYU game (he's been to a few high school games and a USU game.)He loved it and they ate Cougar Tales (super long maple bars) in my honor. I only go to BYU sporting events for the Cougar Tales. He loved staying up late and they made it back to the truck just before the downpour
How was general conference at your house? Ours was full of coloring, bingo, candy and smartie towers. I liked so many of the talks but the only thing I can really remember is the story about the brothers emptying out the little sister's room while she slept and leaving a note that the family had moved.
On Saturday I took the littles to the Scarecrow Spectacular at the city park. They were the only two that wanted to go so it was just us. They pretty much only went for the doughnut but we also looked around in the historic buildings.These cutouts are also a must.
Fun fact: James is kind of sorta thinking about being Linus for Halloween.
They tried some games this year.
Dang Sierra Bonita. Show off much?
Sunday, along with the rest of the world, we drove up American Fork canyon. It took us 2 hours to go what should have taken 50 minutes. At least the view was nice and we went nice and slow so we got a good long view.
Now I know quaking aspen trees are the "most widely distributed tree species in North America" but I'd like to think that they are extra beautiful in Utah's mountains.We then took the side spur way over to Cascade Springs. It was packed so it wasn't very fun. We just had to walk briskly along so as to not block traffic. Boo.
I had to work hard to get a picture without a hundred people. There was a couple trying to do their engagement photos here on the boardwalks with all these people. Their photographer looked very frustrated. 

They were pretty good sports considering they were starving at this point and James was not feeling well.
From here we drove down to Midway and ate a picnic dinner then drove down Provo Canyon to home. I don't ever want to go on a Sunday afternoon again, maybe like a Tuesday morning next year.
James is killing it in kindergarten. He's like way off the chart so I don't even know what these numbers mean. He can read several of his books on his own and is 5 pages away from finishing his 1st grade math workbook.
And that's that. Justin has been hunting a lot and still has many more days ahead. Fall break is just a couple of days away and I've got lots more pumpkin desserts in the works. I love this time of year.









.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment