Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Happy Birthday Justin!

While Justin got up early to buy fish (and a couple of other things I forgot) for his birthday party, the kids and I got ready to surprise him with is birthday presents. They each picked out a treat from the store that they thought he would like.
James picked chocolate almonds (safe choice) Sarah picked jalapeno kettle cooked potato chips, Erica chose Triscuits and Henry picked a 12 pack of Dr Pepper. I got him a big thing of mixed nuts.

He also got a sweater from me and whatever he picks out for himself because he is impossible to shop for because he keeps changing his mind or wants to find a really good deal or it's something that I can't pick out.
The theme for this year's potluck dinner was "Seafood and Eat It"



After dinner I made everyone play a game of pictionary. 


Then we had lots of different ice cream for dessert. He started eating it before we even sang and while it was still aflame.
Then we played more games and ate more food. The kids ran around downstairs shooting each other or spinning on the swing. We stayed up until midnight and then we were done.

Happy birthday, babe. We love you.

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

I don't shop for my Justin either...the older we get the easier it is to just let each other pick out our own presents. But I'm stealing your idea and going to let the kids pick out treats for him this year! I love the Seafood and Eat It-so fun!