Saturday, February 18, 2023

Valentimes

 I was sitting in the front room the other afternoon and heard loud whispering and rustling at the front door. So I checked the doorbell camera and watched without laughing too loudly some girls from primary at our door. Then they rang the doorbell and ran.

But they didn't run for too long. After they crossed the street they slowed to a saunter.
They heart attacked our door and left a treat for Justin. It was so sweet of them and my kids loved seeing the hearts too. I still laugh remembering how not quiet they were.

Not sure if James meant for this selfie he left on my phone to be a Valentine but I'd like to think so.
James was home sick with pinkeye for a couple of days and he was so bored. He watched boat racing for a good while. 
Henry had an orchestra concert. He also had basketball game and a YM activity all the same night. He did great at his concert and had a lot of fun. We rushed from the concert to get him to his basketball game but he had to miss sledding with the deacons.
Last weekend Justin and I spent a night in Salt Lake just for fun and to get away from things for 24 hours. This is the view out the window in our room. 
James didn't have to make a Valentine box but by-golly he was going to! He's been watching his sibling for years make and take boxes to school.
He wanted to build a skyscraper but he got a little carried away with the hearts and so it's just a tall box with hearts.
He did all the decorating himself and was so proud of it.
Erica was throwing up the day before and didn't feel like making a box. She still had the refrigerator from last year.
She made some repairs and a few changes and she was good to go. I think she was glad to get more use out of something she worked so hard on.
I helped at her class party that afternoon. We ate cookies and played Bold at my rotation.
They were getting ready to pass out Valentines just as I was leaving. I loved Valentine's day in elementary school.
Later the kids opened their Valentine package from auntie Lisa. They get so excited about this every year.
Then before our taco dinner they opened up their little tin mailbox Valentines stuffed with candy and a book from me.
Last year I totally spaced getting them books until this very moment. This year I had them all ordered in January.

And then Henry, Sarah, and Justin left for the church for their activities. We were supposed to have the priests quorum at our house but they were all no shows (Justin said if they had a date they were excused but I doubt that's what happened) so Justin and I played Bang with the littles instead. And now I've got a bunch of sugar cookie dough and frosting in my freezer for myself so I can't be too sad.

No comments: