Saturday we went to a shower for my cousin getting married this summer. The very last bride on the Baadsgaard side. Erica and Maddie found some fun puppets and had to show all the guests.
On Monday we were invited to our neighbor's house for ice cream. Their daughter who is Henry's age has a pet rabbit and Erica was so excited to hold it.They told us she can come over any time to play with it and she is going to take them up on that! Now Erica asks every day for a rabbit instead of a puppy (or baby sister).
Tuesday we picked up Justin from work and went to the Saratoga Springs temple open house. We hadn't been to an open house since the Provo City Center open house in 2016 before James was even born. Erica was most excited to go inside. We lingered longest in the sealing room, showing the kids the infinity reflection of the mirrors on both sides of the room. Having us all there inside the temple together was a very cool experience for me. I can't wait until we can all be there for realsies.
It was bright out there. This side of the temple overlooks Utah Lake and up the prettier mountains to the east (mountains behind Saratoga are lame).
I was walking along my favorite stretch of a street a half mile from my house when I spotted hot air balloons in the sky over Provo. So I stopped to take a picture. Then a deer bounded out and ran across so I got a picture of him too! Mapleton be so crazy picturesque.
That afternoon I drove Sarah up Spanish Fork Canyon to the beginning point of the stake pioneer trek. A few of her friends from the stake rode with us. They were so giggly and chatty and that helped her get more excited for the trek. Their trek is 14 miles long in 3 days in the trees so hopefully not too hot. I'm impressed how into dressing up these kids are.
Tonight the bishops and wives were invited to go up for dinner. Visiting with her and asking her a hundred questions made me feel better about how her experience is going. She was all smiles and positivity but when it came time to say goodbye she wanted to come home with us. Well kind of. It was wishful thinking but she knew she needed to stay and finish out strong. I'll update below how picking her up tomorrow went.Update: here she is at the finish line!
One minute she's talking about how tiring it was and the next minute how amazing it was. She wants to do it again so I'd say she enjoyed it overall. They trekked like 20 miles and 7 of those were this morning.





.jpg)







1 comment:
We just got back from trek too! That's one of those good to be there, good to be home, not ready to do it again for a while kind of experiences. Sarah looks really cute in her pioneer clothing!
Post a Comment