Is leap day to be celebrated? Why an extra day in February? Aren't we all happy to say goodbye to February? Why not tack an extra day onto April or September? Those months seem to fly by.
James asked to learn cribbage. I think he just likes our boat shaped cribbage board and wanted to learn how to use it. It's a pretty complicated game with lots of parts but it's mostly math so I knew he'd like it. He loved it. He even beat me. For comparison, I was 21 when I learned how to play; he's 7.

(I really didn't mean for all these pictures to be of just James) For President's Day we went to Brooker's ice cream tavern for some "Abraham Lincoln's New Birthday Cake of Freedom" and "George Washington's Indispensable Flavor" and "Paul Revere's Midnight Ride", etc. This ice cream is so good but it's so expensive so we only go twice a year. The other day being Independence Day of course. James manages to get the best ice cream beard every time.
This is his Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial he made at school. He was so proud to show me and tell me all about them.Henry had an orchestra concert last week. He was sitting on the end for once so we got a good view of him. He wouldn't stop talking while I was taking his picture.
At the end of the concert as people were filing out he did this because he loves orchestra so much. I kind of thought he took the class because he didn't want to do band or chorus but it was quickly his favorite class. So crazy he's moving to 8th grade at the junior high next year. We love Mrs. Harman's concerts so luckily Erica will be playing for her in 2 years.
Sunday it was 61 degrees and the kids begged to get their swimming suits on. Tuesday the garbage can froze shut. I love weather in all it's unpredictability.
No idea what Erica is doing here but I'm pretty sure it was just for me.Basketball season is all wrapped up and no one wants to play spring sports (phew!) so I think this is a calmer season of the year. Well for me. For Justin he gets to figure out 40+ callings. Our ward boundaries changed and they divided our stake. We lost some great neighbors and friends to the 2nd and 20th wards but I have to keep reminding myself no one moved away but it does feel that way. Our neighbors across the street are not only in a different ward but a different stake. The church I can see from my driveway is not or building and never will be. Utah is fun like that. But I am looking forward to meeting new people on Sunday. The couple of streets we gained to the south of us are full of kids so that's fun for my kids.
I always look forward to March because it means we are well on our way to spring but my expectations of March are always way too high and I get even more sad when it snows. But Easter is in March and that's my second favorite holiday so bring it!








No comments:
Post a Comment