Saturday, August 17, 2024

First Day of School 2024

Tuesday afternoon I took the littles to meet their teachers. Sarah had shown Henry around the junior high the day before and Sarah had her back to school night and orientation that day as well.

We don't know much about Miss Baker but she seems very kind and attentive. 

And then I forgot to take a picture of Erica in her classroom and she did NOT want me to walk her in on the first day so no classroom picture this year. Wah!

That evening we took the kids out to a fancy dinner per tradition. It's mostly as a reward for meeting our family reading challenge. 100 books they had never read before in 40 days and with a couple of days of binge reading they did it!

The littles were not excited about Indian food but I knew better. I knew the mango lassi would win them over.

Henry is hugging it goodbye
Justin and I liked having 6 entrees to pass around at once instead of just two when it's just us that go.

Then we speedily got Henry to football practice. At home for dessert we ate Dollywood cinnamon bread that Sarah made and tried really hard but failed to get the kids to bed on time.


And then the big day! 10th grade and first year of high school.
She's most excited for all the high school activities and to get her license in October. (But not excited about 6am driver's ed)
Henry is in 8th grade and beginning junior high
He's looking forward to the super quick bike ride (Update: he made it home 5 minutes after the bell rang.)
Erica is in 5th grade with Mr. Groneman who Henry had as well.
She's most excited to visit her 4th grade teacher.
James is starting 2nd grade with Miss Baker
He's most excited to see his friends.


No comments: