Tuesday, April 22, 2025

Easter 2025

First off, here's some tulips I grew for you to admire and get you in the Easter spirit.
And some blossoms that I thought were ever so pretty I found whilst on a walk.

And a gigantic lemon from my aunt's California lemon trees. I think having a lemon tree is the only thing I'd like about living in California.

Okay, more random stuff. The ice cream scoop on the left is one that Justin and I bought with a giftcard from our wedding. Nearly 19 years later the handle is pretty gummy and the metal is kind of pitting. So I ordered a new one. I had to take pictures of it before I gently placed it into the garbage can. That scoop got used more than any other utensil in our kitchen, for sure.
 
 Now we can talk about Easter. The seeker crew was a little small this year. They are just growing up! Some of my grown nieces and nephews better be replenishing the seeker group pretty quick or there's going to be no egg hunt here in a few years.






 

 



 


 






Sunday morning. Justin was home so that alone was cause for celebration. I cut some fresh flowers for the table and I got breakfast started. Pancakes, buttermilk syrup, bacon, and scrambled eggs.
After breakfast James opened the tomb that we closed on Friday.
These kiddos clean up pretty well.
Yes Henry's tie is the color of a Peep. His request.




After church I finished up the carrot cake for dessert and we watched a church video about Christ's atonement and resurrection then we went to Justin's parent's house for dinner. All of his brothers and their families were there and his aunt. After dinner we had an egg hunt, of course.


And then we served dessert. Erica was sad I didn't make the bunny cut-out cake like last year but instead made a triple layer cake. I told her she could make ears for it anyway.
Happy Easter!

No comments: